JAlbum for Windows Publisher's description
JAlbum makes web albums of your digital images
JAlbum makes web albums of your digital images. No extra software is needed to view the albums, just your web browser. Unlike "server side" album scripts, the albums can be served from a plain web server without scripting support. You can also share your albums on CD-ROM.
JAlbum for Windows Features
Easy to use User Interface
Explorer-like user interface. The order of the buttons left side reflect the workflow. You can easily manage your images, rotate, comment and arrange as you want.
Runs on many systems
Jalbum was developed in Java, therefore it runs on every operating system which is capable of running Java, including Windows (all versions), Mac OSX, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, OS2.
Jalbum most likely speaks your language ??пїЅ it comes with 32!
Skins ??пїЅ endless customization
Skins define the gallery look and functionality. Jalbum has 13 skins built-in with another 120 skins available for download.
Add images with drag & drop
Adding your images to Jalbum is simple: just drag and drop!
Use the Comments button to add comments (which may even contain HTML formatting).
IPTC and EXIF support
Most Jalbum skins support IPTC and EXIF data to display in your web album. Look for special features, like integration with Google Maps & Earth.
Apply filters to your images, like Tint filter, Border, Grayscale, Watermark, Fixed shape, Logotype, Text, Blur, Sharpen, Zoom
Jalbum supports various types of files*, not just JPG images, and many skins also support movies and audio. * (avi mpg mpeg mpe mp4 mov wmv asf asx wvx 3gp divx xvid qt mp3 wma ram rm swf flv tiff psd zip arj sit rar xml pdf doc xls ppt mdb djvu djv odt ods odp odg odb)
When you are happy with the choice of skin, comments and other settings, simply hit the Make album button. Jalbum builds your album and prepares it for the web. Check the result with the Preview button.
Share straight from your computer
If you don't want to publish your album to the web, Jalbum has a built-in web server. Simply use the Sharing tool, which will make your album visible to others straight from your PC without the need to upload.
Publish to the web
Publishing your album to the web is easy; use your free Jalbum account or any other provider.
Your personal page: yourname.jalbum.net
With Jalbum's free account you get a unique url: yourname.jalbum.net. Jalbum will create your account and upload your albums to your new web album page.
Upload the album
At the click of a button, Jalbum will upload your albums! The Smart upload option will only upload changed files.
Tell Jalbum community
If you would like to add your album to the jalbum.net community site, click the Tell the Jalbum community button. Your album will be added to your Albums page. If you want to notify your friends, click the Email your friends button.
Manage your albums
You can manage your albums ??пїЅ add new, delete, password protect ??пїЅ straight from Jalbum.
Your uploaded album
Voil??... Your album is up and running.
Create your own skin
If you still haven't found what you were looking for, develop your own skin! Jalbum skins use a simple method to describe gallery templates, and you can also use BeanShell scripting or Java to create more sophisticated features.
What's New in This Release:News and Updates:
* Shorter start up time for users having many recent album projects listed
* Newly installed skins are now automatically selected
* Jalbum will now quit if users select to update Jalbum upon an update notification
* Specifying -skinsDirectory on the command line now tells Jalbum to look for skins in that directory only
* Jalbum's internal mp3 play list component "JPlayList" now made more convenient to work with.
* New JAlbumUtilities class with convenience methods for skin developers
* Installer software updated to "Advanced Installer 7.2.1"
* Jalbum could hang on start up (Caused by circular folder references. Now such situations are detected)
* Skin user interfaces utilizing inner classes could hang the skin loading
* Link text in the user interface sometimes had the link positioned incorrectly
* Jalbum's skin developer convenience class StateMonitor triggered onchange events too often
* Switching between album projects having the same image directory wouldn't visually update the current album project in the list
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall