Praat Publisher's description
This application is a computer program with which phoneticians can analyze, synthesize, and manipulate speech
Praat is a computer program with which phoneticians can analyze, synthesize, and manipulate speech and create high-quality pictures for their articles and doctoral theses.
- spectral analysis (spectrograms)
- pitch analysis
- formant analysis
- intensity analysis
- jitter, shimmer, voice breaks
- excitation pattern
- from pitch, formant, and intensity
- articulatory synthesis
- identification and discrimination tests
Labelling and segmentation:
- label intervals and time points on multiple tiers
- use phonetic alphabet
- use sound files up to 2 gigabytes (3 hours)
- change pitch and duration contours
- feedforward neural networks
- discrete and stochastic Optimality Theory
- multidimensional scaling
- principal component analysis
- discriminant analysis
- high quality for your articles and thesis
- produce Encapsulated PostScript files
- integrated mathematical and phonetic symbols
- easy programmable scripting language
- communicate with other programs
- (the sendpraat source code)
- create hypertext manuals with sound I/O
- machine-independent binary files
- read and write many sound and other file types
- grow or shrink menus
- save prefs for fonts, views, sound devices.
What's New in This Release:EEG: understand status registers that contain text.
KlattGrid: removed a bug introduced in May 2009 that could make Praat crash after editing an oral formant grid.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall