Paint.NET PSD Plugin Publisher's description
from Tao Yue
Paint.NET PSD Plugin was designed to enable both loading and saving of Photoshop .PSD files. The plugin can load and save the following features of Photoshop .PSD files with no loss of fide
Paint.NET PSD Plugin was designed to enable both loading and saving of Photoshop .PSD files.
The plugin can load and save the following features of Photoshop .PSD files with no loss of fidelity:
· RGB images
· Color depth of 8 bits per channel
· Raster images with no use of vector features
· Layers, using the common blend modes
· Optional) RLE compression
In this way, you can use the plugin to exchange work between Paint.NET and other programs. This is especially important since Paint.NET preserves layers only for the default .PDN format – other file formats are flattened on save. The .PSD file format thus offers the best way to preserve layers when moving between different graphics programs.
What's New in This Release:· Layer group visibility is now applied to all layers within the group. This greatly improves the visual fidelity of complex PSD files that have hidden layer groups.
· Layer group names are prefixed so that users can get an indication of the layer group hierarchy. (Paint.NET has a flat list of layers, so the hierarchy is flattened out on load.)
· The progress bar now reports status when saving PSD files, instead of showing an indeterminate rolling bar.
· Performance improvement of 1.7x in RLE compression, and 1.2x in RLE decompression.
· Better detection of insufficient-memory on 32-bit systems.
System Requirements:· Paint.NET
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall