K-3D Publisher's description
from Timothy M Shead
K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software.
K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software. It features a plugin-oriented procedural engine for all of its content, making K-3D a very versatile and powerful package.
K-3D excels at polygonal modeling, and includes basic tools for NURBS, patches, curves and animation.
What's New in This Release:* Completely rewritten data storage for geometric meshes - capable of rendering one million polygons at interactive rates.
* Introductory support for the LuxRender render engine.
* Experimental support for CSG operations on polyhedra, using either CGAL or CARVE
* Introductory support for NURBS.
* New / rewritten support for 3DS, Collada, OBJ, MD2, Ogre, PLY, STL, and SVG files.
* Interactive Python Shell
* New CMake-based cross-platform build system.
* Over 300 regression tests run every night.
* Nightly coverage testing.
* New Mercurial-based version control.
* New website.
* New time-based release schedule - the next K-3D release will be October, 2010.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall