i.Mage Publisher's description
i.Mage is a small and fast graphics editor slanted towards quite and easy pixel editing, ala DPaint from the DOS/Amiga days.
i.Mage is a small and fast graphics editor slanted towards quite and easy pixel editing, ala DPaint from the DOS/Amiga days. Instead of being a bloated behemoth with a zillion plugins it starts in under a second and it does a lot of the mundane jobs of image editing quickly and without fuss. The right tool for simple jobs.
Source code is available under the LGPL. If you don't see links in the download section I can provide then on request. I'm usually hacking on code rather than keeping every last i dotted and t crossed. If you don't see a feature you want your welcome to add it to the code and send me a diff.
While i.Mage is not deprecated I don't spend a lot of time on it these days. Requests for features or bug fixes may take some time to get some attention.
* Load/Save: Gif, Tiff, Jpg, Pcx, Bmp, Ico.
* 2 pane view, zoomed and 1:1.
* Downsampling/upsampling bit-depth, dithering, halftone, error diffusion.
* Resampling (smart resizing), cropping, rotating, offseting and flipping images.
* 8-bit palette editor: RGB/HLS ramps, colour cubes/stock palettes, reverse ramps, remapping.
* Clipboard support.
* Alpha blending.
* Basic linear/radial gradient fill.
* Undo que for most tools.
* Conversion of image to C/C++ code.
* Transparency support.
* Invert image.
* Convert to grayscale.
* Brightness/contrast adjust.
* Save/load/flip/rotate the current brush.
* Flood fill.
* Basic drawing primitives.
* Polyline editor.
* Text tool.
* Simple scripting language.
* Basic colour management via Little CMS, does RGB<->RGB on load/save to the internal colour space (sRGB), allows viewing of colour profile details.
* Known bugs.
What's New in This Release:В· Added option to the select tool to make the selection into the a) brush or b) the document. This allows you to use the select tool to crop the document easily.
В· Added error message to the paste image -> clipboard in case it doesn't work.
В· Added brush menu command to make the brush into the document.
В· Fixed the resulting brush when selecting is "square" mode.
В· Added code to cancel selection with the ESC key.
В· Added tiff write support, changed backend to libtiff.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall