Adobe DNG Converter for Windows Publisher's description
The solution to this growing problem is Digital Negative (DNG)
The solution to this growing problem is Digital Negative (DNG), a publicly available archival format for the raw files generated by digital cameras. By addressing the lack of an open standard for the raw files created by individual camera models, DNG helps ensure that photographers will be able to access their files in the future.
Within a year of its introduction, several dozen software manufacturers such as Extensis, Canto, Apple, and iView developed support for DNG. And respected camera manufacturers such as Hasselblad, Leica, Casio, Ricoh, and Samsung have introduced cameras that provide direct DNG support. Learn more
In addition to the Digital Negative Specification, Adobe provides the free Adobe DNG Converter (WindowsВ® | Mac OS), which easily translates raw files from many of today's popular cameras. Software developers and manufacturers can download the complete DNG Specification (PDF, 486k). DNG is supported by AdobeВ® PhotoshopВ® CS5, CS4, CS3, CS2, and CS, as well as Photoshop Elements 9, 8, 7, 6, 4, 3, and all versions of Photoshop Lightroom.
Key benefits for photographers:
* DNG format helps promote archival confidence, since digital-imaging software solutions will be able to open raw files more easily in the future.
* A single raw processing solution enables a more efficient workflow when handling raw files from multiple camera models and manufacturers.
* A publicly documented and readily available specification can be easily adopted by camera manufacturers and updated to accommodate technology changes.
Key benefits for hardware and software manufacturers:
* DNG removes a potential barrier to new camera adoption, since raw files from new models will be immediately supported by Photoshop and other applications.
* The DNG format allows R&D savings by reducing the need to develop new formats and by simplifying camera testing.
* A common format allows greater control over the quality of conversions by third-party applications.
* The specification allows the addition of private metadata to DNG files, enabling differentiation.
What's New in This Release:В· Support for the following camera has been added.
В· Canon PowerShot G12
В· Canon PowerShot S95
В· Nikon D7000
В· Nikon Coolpix P7000
В· Nikon D3100
В· Olympus E-5
В· Panasonic DMC-GF2
В· Panasonic DMC-GH2
В· Pentax K-5
В· Pentax K-r
В· Samsung NX100
В· Samsung TL350 (WB2000)
В· Sony A560
В· Sony A580
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall