V-REP Publisher's description
from Marc Andreas Freese
V-REP - the Virtual Robot Experimentation Platform - is a 3D robot simulator based on a distributed control architecture: control programs (or scripts) can be directly attached to scene objects and run simultaneously in a threaded or non-threaded fas
V-REP - the Virtual Robot Experimentation Platform - is a 3D robot simulator based on a distributed control architecture: control programs (or scripts) can be directly attached to scene objects and run simultaneously in a threaded or non-threaded fashion. This makes V-REP very versatile and ideal for multi-robot applications, and allows users to model robotic systems in a similar fashion as in reality - where control is most of the time also distributed.
V-REP allows you to edit and simulate whole robotic systems, or sub-systems (e.g. sensors, mechanisms, etc.). It offers a multitude of functionalities (see hereafter) that can be easily integrated and combined through an exhaustive API and script functionality.
V-REP can be used for remote monitoring, for hardware control, for fast prototyping and verification, for fast algorithm development/parameter adjustment, for safety double-checking, for robotics-related education, factory automation simulations, etc.
What's New in This Release:- Completely reworked user manual, running in web-browser now. Fixed all brocken links
- New V-REP plugin "v_repExtWii.dll" that exports 4 new commands to interact with a wiimote device: simExtWiiStart, simExtWiiEnd, simExtWiiSet and simExtWiiGet
- Multiple simultaneous script edition is now suppored
- New API command to apply non-central forces: simAddForce
- New API command to temporarily forbid thread switches: simSetThreadAutomaticSwitch
- 2 API commands were removed: simGetInEditionScript and simCloseEditionScript
- New data stream type: simulation pass execution time
- Switched to the most recent Bullet engine V2.78beta (rev2338)
- New model: "Working Bill.ttm"
- Several new models of panes for industrial manufacturing cells
- New model: "5mX5m wooden floor.ttm"
- New model: "Sitting Bill.ttm"
- Removed scene "hovercraft.ttt"
- Removed scene "trackedRobots.ttt"
- New scene: "inverseKinematicsOf144DoFManipulator.ttt"
System Requirements:CPU: >300 (Passmark CPU Rating)
RAM: >=512 MB
Storage capacity: >50 MB
Video card: >200 (Passmark G3D Rating) (a good video card (i.e. hardware accelerated) is probably the most critical element of V-REP!)
OS: Windows XP/Vista/Seven (other Windows versions not tested)
Monitor resolution: >=1024x768
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall