ProfiCAD Publisher's description
Software for electrical diagrams, schematics and other technical documents
ProfiCAD is an easy and budget-friendly program for electrical engineering drawings or wiring diagrams of electrical engineering. Even untrained users can produce high quality drawings with ProfiCAD.
The program generates a netlist, bill of material and list of wires. Electrical symbols are numbered automatically. Diagrams can be exported to DXF format. The drawings created by the program can be easily pasted into Microsoft Office and other programs. Thanks to the Unicode technology, texts in any language to be inserted.
The program includes an extensive library of electrical symbols and it is easy to create your own symbols.
The program comes with a title block corresponding to the standard ISO 7200 and it is possible to customize it to your company's internal requirements (add a logo) or to create your own title block.
We greatly appreciate the simple installation and low system requirements. For private use, the program is free and can be used indefinitely. The easiest way to learn ProfiCAD is from the videotutorials on YouTube.
What's New in This Release:Symbol attributes:
· Symbols can be provided with a text description - attributes. The attributes can be created using link Attributes in the bottom part of the panel Properties (appears after you double-click on the symbol).
· A dialog window will appear where you can specify the attribute name, its value and visibility in the drawing.
· The attribute names can content only letters and numbers, cannot start with a number and are advised to start with a capital letter.
· To avoid specify attributes for each symbol separately, the program allows you to predefine attributes for symbols according to the group they belong to. Group attributes can be specified using command menu File – Library Configuration. A dialog window will appear with symbols library. Choose a symbol group on the left side. Specify attributes on the right.
· The attribute value can be left empty or filled with a value that will be used most. Every symbol that will be inserted in the drawing will get attributes of its group and all its parent groups. Attributes that will be added to the group “ProfiCAD Library" will be assigned to all symbols. Use menu command View - reread symbols to apply the changes in the symbols library.
Attributes in the bill of material:
· Specification of components was equipped with a new button Columns that allows you to define which attributes will be a part of the bill of material.
· The list (1) contents the predefined values. The text field (2) allows you to add attribute values into the bill of material. The columns names are case sensitive. The list (3) contains chosen columns that will appear in the bill of material.
· Buttons (4) allow changing the column order. The button (5) allows to remove a column and buttons (6) change alignment of columns in the specification of components.
Bill of material Configuration:
· In the bottom part of the dialog window you can save the configuration under a name and use it later again.
· How to save a configuration: Write a name into the field (7) and press an arrow on the right side from the field.
· How to open a configuration: Choose the name of configuration from the list (8).
· How to change a configuration: Choose the name of configuration from the list (8), make changes in the upper part of the dialog window and press an arrow on the right side from the field (7).
· How to delete a configuration: Choose the name of configuration from the list (8) and press the button on the right side from it.
System Requirements:Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall