Panoply Publisher's description
from James E. Hansen
Panoply is a Java application which enables the user to plot raster images of geo-gridded data from netCDF datasets. Panoply is an utility that enable user to plot raster image. Depending on the data, it can draw global longitude-latitude images or p
Panoply is a Java application which enables the user to plot raster images of geo-gridded data from netCDF datasets. Panoply is an utility that enable user to plot raster image. Depending on the data, it can draw global longitude-latitude images or pole-to-pole latitude-vertical images.
* Slice specific latitude-longitude or latitude-vertical arrays from larger multidimensional variables.
* Combine two arrays in one plot by differencing, summing or averaging.
* Plot longitude-latitude data as global maps or zonal averages.
* Plot longitude-latitude data using any of over 40 global map projections, or just plot a particular region.
* Overlay continent outlines or masks on longitude-latitude plots.
* Use any PAL, ACT or CWC color table for scale colorbar.
* Save plots to disk in GIF, PDF, PNG or PS form.
What's New in This Release:* Also provide Windows version which uses 64-bit launcher.
* Added "Combine" method for working with two arrays in one plot. Acts similar to "Average" option, but if one array's data point value is NaN, other array's value is used rather than assign NaN to data point.
* Re-factored lon-lat map grid spacing to allow non-integral values.
* Bugfix: Data on simple lat-vert grid recognized but plotting not enabled.
* Bugfix: (Windows) Cut, copy, paste and select-all in text field non-functional if invoked from menu items rather than as keystrokes.
System Requirements:Java Runtime Environment
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall