Multimedia Logic Publisher's description
from Softronics Inc.
Design and print your own logic circuit
Multimedia Logic is an easy to use application that you can use to design and simulate logic circuits.
The simulator enables you to enhance your circuits by introducing different input / output devices and other elements, from simple wires to signal senders, oscillators or arithmetic logic units.
What's New in This Release:· Added 64KB option for Memory device (16-bit addresses).
· Added Reset/Clear lines option for Flipflop devices.
· Fixed emulation of Flipflop Hold state for MS Flipflops.
· Added Canvas Size fields to View, Grid Settings to permit a larger workspace page.
· Added Simulation Rate field to Simulate, Setup dialog to optionally slow down the simulation.
· A Signal Sender may now have more than one Signal Receiver the signal is duplicated to all Signal Receivers having the same name as the Signal Sender).
· Implemented Edit, Find / Edit, Replace commands.
· Added View, Goto Page dialog that also supports page naming.
· Improved simulator performance.
· Implemented View, Snap to Grid option (previous command renamed to View, Snap Selection to Grid).
· Save spaces in filename strings in devices properly (previously truncated at first whitespace)
· Prevent zoom in / zoom out too far (crash)
· Problems with NULL FILE* pointers in devices (crash)
· Memory device was leaking FILE* handles
· Problems with Halt() during Initialize()
· Other Reset() problems related to failure cases
· Make AnodeNULL variable document-specific instead of a global variable. Avoids problems when a simulator is active including paused) and the unconnected node type is changed for another document.
· Nicer icon for document (instead of white rectangle)
· Edit/Find should not make a selection if sim running, but should go to the correct page
· BreakGate now displays gate's page upon break, if necessary, so user can see which BreakGate was hit
· Calls to btn.Autoload() in dialog.cpp were generating a debug warning. This is because the correct call should be btn.SubclassDlgItem(). Fixed.
· In some places (especially Reset()), objects from the m_objects list are blindly cast to CLogiGate*, but wires do not descend from CLogiGate*.
· Fixed to use the CLogiObj* base class where appropriate.
· Disable View, Grid Settings when running/paused
· Replace "MS Sans Serif" with "MS Shell Dlg", which is the proper font to use in recent MFC. (in logicli.rc)
· Added some Tips of the Day regarding new features
· Nodes queued for update if their state changes, instead of processing every node every cycle. Hugh performance increase if there are many nodes in the project.
· Similar change to PostSimulate handling.
· Reimplemented undo/redo. Transactions supported. Move and property edits now undoable.
· Copy/paste was pasting bad wires in some cases, when selection did not include both endpoint devices.
· Configurable canvas size in Simulate, Setup dialog
· Configurable simulation rate in Hz via Simulate, Setup dialog
· Add canvas size, simrate, and pagename tokens to file format to implement saving of these new document properties. The changes are backward compatible.
· That is, the previous release will open the files created by this release but ignore the new features.
· Windows XP theme support when running on Windows XP In particular, addition of manifest.xml resource
· Snap to Grid while moving mode now supported.
· Fixed bug in wire numbering on 3-input mux/demux device images.
· Fixed state change bug in bus device that manifested following the addition of the node queue
· Fixed propagation of bus float through Signal sender/receiver
· Disallow Undo, Redo, Paste, Select All, Snap Selection to Grid when simulator running
· Simulator will display a message if attempting to run a project with Port IO devices on a WinNT system.
· Fixed popup menu to enable/disable items as appropriate
· Implemented OnSetCursor for tools, so cursor is properly updated while moving across views in the splitter frame
· Find/Replace text in selected items, or entire project if nothing selected
· Fixed detected memory leaks. Most were in document destructor and the undo system.
· Changed wire tool to display a "no" icon when trying to draw an illegal wire
· Minor fixes to menu items, especially duplicate mnemonics and status bar text
· If document window closed while Paused, the Palette is redisplayed if desired
· Cleaned up the VERSIONINFORMATION resource, as WinXP Explorer displays this info in the "tiled" file view
· Changes to Tip of Day needed for paint to be compatible with Windows XP support
· Used an automated utility to renumber resources, to correct duplicate resource numbers
· Put Zoom In / Zoom Out buttons on toolbar
· When zoomed out far, fill entire rectange with gray instead of drawing oversampled grid dots, which was very slow
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall