nCheckers Publisher's description
nCheckers is a Checkers game with a twist.
nCheckers is a Checkers game with a twist. Ideal for mathematically minded, with plenty of time to spare. Following are the variations in nCheckers game as compared with the standard Checkers:
1. Board: Size can be 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, or 12x12. Each piece has a random value associated with it. For example an 8x8 board will have 12 pieces per player with values -6 to -1 and 1 to +6.
2. Moves: Pieces move as per standard Checkers rules.
3. Scoring: Each player starts with a score of 100. When a piece is captured, the value of the captured piece is added to the player score.
4. End Game: The game ends when a player pieces are unable to move or a player is left with no pieces. At the end of a game, values of remaining pieces of each player are added to its score. Player with the higher score wins. Therefore, a player may have no pieces left but may still win.
5. Strategies: Standard Checkers strategies will not work in nCheckers. Some hints for winning are: capture positive value pieces; sacrifice negative value pieces; try to transform negative value pieces to Kings; and try to block opponent pieces when you have a superior score
System Requirements:Microsoft VB6 runtimes
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall