Tagaini Jisho Publisher's description
from Alexandre Courbot
Tagaini Jisho is a free, open-source Japanese dictionary and kanji lookup tool that is available for Windows, MacOS X and Linux and aims at becoming your Japanese study assistant.
Tagaini Jisho is a free, open-source Japanese dictionary and kanji lookup tool that is available for Windows, MacOS X and Linux and aims at becoming your Japanese study assistant. It allows you to quickly search for entries and mark those that you wish to study, along with tags and personal notes. It also let you train entries you are studying and follows your progression in remembering them. Finally, it makes it easy to review entries you did not remember by listing them on screen or printing them on a small booklet.
Tagaini Jisho also features complete stroke order animations for more than 6000 kanji.
Tagaini Jisho is still in early development - although the released versions can be considered as stable and even sometimes useful, many features are still to be added before it reaches a stable milestone.
* Powerful searching options for both vocabulary and kanjis, such as part-of-speech, JLPT level, etc.
* Presentation of results that focuses on the entries you need to study,
* Lot of context information related to your study, like transitive/intransitive equivalents of verbs, studied words using a given kanji, etc.
* Kanji stroke order animations for more than 6000 kanjis,
* Tagging and notes,
* Flashcard-like training modes,
* Printing of foldable pocket booklets for offline study,
* Interface available in English or French, dictionaries partially translated to languages other than English,
System Requirements:В· You need Japanese fonts and Microsoft IME in order to read and input Japanese.
В· If you own Vista, it is recommanded that you install the Meiryo font for best visibility.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall