Sigil Publisher's description
Sigil is a multi-platform WYSIWYG ebook editor.
Sigil is a multi-platform EPUB ebook editor with the following features:
- Online Sigil User's Guide, and Wiki documentation
- Free and open source software under GPLv3
- Multi-platform: runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Full UTF-16 support
- Full EPUB 2 spec support
- Multiple Views: Book View, Code View and Preview View
- WYSIWYG editing in Book View
- Complete control over directly editing EPUB syntax in Code View
- Table of Contents generator with multi-level heading support
- Metadata editor with full support for all possible metadata entries (more than 200) with full descriptions for each
- User interface translated into many languages
- Spell checking with default and user configurable dictionaries
- Full Regular Expression (PCRE) support for Find & Replace
- Supports import of EPUB and HTML files, images, and style sheets,
- Documents can be validated for EPUB compliance with the integrated FlightCrew EPUB validator
- Embedded HTML Tidy: all imported files have their formatting corrected, and your editing can be optionally cleaned.
What's New in This Release:- Fix issue 2309: Compile failure due to case issue on m_lastFolderOpen.
- Fix issue 2269: "Conflicts with:" always in English.
- Fix issue 2186: Sigil 0.7.2 crashes on "Add existing files".
- Fix issue 2232: The nbsp characters in UTF-8 files are converted to normal spaces.
- Fix issue 2201: Save does not prompt for filename if filename not set
after cancelling save operation.
- Fix issue 2193: Incorrect country code used for Serbia.
- Implement issue 2199: Mac, Don't open empty book by default.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall