WinGDB Publisher's description
Debug processes on remote machines running Linux
WinGDB is an extension for Visual Studio IDE allowing to debug processes on remote machines running Linux (or other Unix systems), using native Visual Studio debugging user interface.
* An Add-In for the Visual Studio IDE providing integration with the VS debugger interface.
* Remote connection to the target machine over SSH.
* Support for the GDB debugger as a backend (support for other debuggers is planned for the future).
* The "Attach to process" dialog extension allowing attaching to remote processes with GDB. The process can be selected using the standard Visual Studio process list.
* The "Launch process" command, allowing to launch remote processes inside GDB. The program to debug can be selected using a remote file system browser. Also the working directory, arguments, additional environment variables and additional source directories can be specified.
* The "Examine core dump" command, allowing to examine core dump inside GDB. The executable path and core dump to examine can be selected using a remote file system browser. Also the additional source directories can be specified.
* Remote source code browsing in the Visual Studio editor. The files are fetched as needed using SCP protocol and cached over a session.
* Remote edition of the source code in the Visual Studio editor. Edited file is automatically sent back to the target machine after saving it.
* Basic debugger commands: Run, Step over/into/out, Break All, Continue, Run to cursor, Set Next Statement.
* Breakpoint setting in remote source files browsed locally.
* Breakpoint setting by function name or through call-stack window.
* Additional breakpoint properties: conditions, hit counting, temporary disabling.
What's New in This Release:New wizard for creating projects from existing sources.
Makefile generator enhancements (Update mode, makefile name customization).
X11 protocol forwarding option for easier debugging GUI programs.
Automatic launch of Xming X-server when debugging or using the Remote Terminal.
Option for launching GDB in 'sudo' environment.
Fixed some occassional crashes and minor bugs.
System Requirements:Visual Studio (2005/2008/2010/2012 Standard, Professional or Enterprise Edition)
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall