queXF for Windows Publisher's description
queXF can be used as a web based, Open Source alternative to programs such as Cardiff Teleform and Remark OMR, in some situations.
queXF can be used as a web based, Open Source alternative to programs such as Cardiff Teleform and Remark OMR, in some situations. It can be used as a CADE (Computer Assisted Data Entry) tool.
queXF removes the need to manually enter form data, therefore reducing error and fatigue. queXF does OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) on each form to determine if boxes have been filled. A verifier (using a web browser) will then confirm that the entered fields are correct, and also enter any character data.
Operators need little knowledge of the form design as queXF breaks down the verification task in to a question by question process. The operator works in a web browser and does not need to install any other software on their computer, therefore can work from any location with network access.
queXF is Open Source and only relies on other Open Source packages to operate.
queXF has the following features:
* Unlimited number of operators for verification
* Accurately guesses if check boxes have been marked
* All operations done through a web browser, so distributed processing possible
* Allows forms to be reviewed over the web to confirm data is accurate
* Automatically detects locations of boxes on the form (no need to manually overlay boxes)
* Experimental: Integrates with Tesseract OCR to read text and numbers from the form
What's New in This Release:В· Fixed Bug: Don't list box groups that have no boxes attached to them when verifying as it breaks it
В· Fixed Bug: Removed tag from messages as making log look too big
В· Fixed Bug: divide by zero warning caused when formpages doesn't have a width set
В· Fixed Bug: verification of text fields with apostrophe would not insert in to database
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall