QPDF for Windows Publisher's description
from Jay Berkenbilt
PDF is a command-line program that does structural
PDF is a command-line program that does structural, content-preserving transformations on PDF files. It could have been called something like pdf-to-pdf. It also provides many useful capabilities to developers of PDF-producing software or for people who just want to look at the innards of a PDF file to learn more about how they work.
QPDF is capable of creating linearized (also known as web-optimized) files and encrypted files. It is also capable of converting PDF files with object streams (also known as compressed objects) to files with no compressed objects or to generate object streams from files that don't have them (or even those that already do). QPDF also supports a special mode designed to allow you to edit the content of PDF files in a text editor. For more details, please see the documentation links below.
QPDF is not a PDF content creation library, a PDF viewer, or a program capable of converting PDF into other formats. In particular, QPDF knows nothing about the semantics of PDF content streams. If you are looking for something that can do that, you should look elsewhere. However, once you have a valid PDF file, QPDF can be used to transform that file in ways perhaps your original PDF creation can't handle. For example, programs generate simple PDF files but can't password-protect them, web-optimize them, or perform other transformations of that type.
What's New in This Release:· Fix detection of binary attachments in test suite to avoid false test failures on some platforms.
· Add clarifying comment in QPDF.hh to methods that return the user password explaining that it is no longer
· possible with newer encryption formats to recover the user password knowing the owner password. In earlier
· encryption formats, the user password was encrypted in the file using the owner password. In newer encryption
· formats, a separate encryption key is used on the file, and that key is independently encrypted using both the
· user password and the owner password.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install Only