Norconex JEF Publisher's description
from Norconex Inc.
JEF stands for Job Execution Framework and is first and foremost a Java API library.
JEF stands for Job Execution Framework and is first and foremost a Java API library. It is meant to facilitate the lives of developers and integrators who have to build any kind of maintenance tasks on a server. JEF lets you build those jobs as you normally would using Java. Then, JEF strives to make it easier by offering a set of out-of-the-box functionalities that would otherwise be tedious and sometimes costly to do from scratch. These functionalities includes:
- Better error handing and reporting
- Crash recovery (resuming jobs where they failed)
- Self-diagnostics of process issues
- Email notification (upon success, failure, etc.)
- Chaining of individual jobs (Both synchronous and asynchronous jobs are supported)
- Centralized process logging
- More robust execution of system commands.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall