JOrtho Publisher's description
from i-net software
JOrtho (Java Orthography) is a Open Source spell-checker entirely written in Java.
JOrtho (Java Orthography) is a Open Source spell-checker entirely written in Java. Its dictionaries are based on the free Wiktionary project and can therefore be updated for virtually any language. The library works with any JTextComponent from the Swing framework. This includes JTextPane, JEditorPane and JTextArea.
What does the library do when it is bound to a JTextComponent?
* Highlight the potentially wrongly spelled word
* offer a context menu with suggestions for a correct form of the word
* context menu with options to change the checking language
* dialog (when pressing F7 key) to continuously spell check the text
* user-defined dictionary for words that are not in the global one (this is an option that appears inside the continuous checking dialog)
* translated spell checker GUI so users will see buttons and labels in the language of the current locale
* standalone API, no server is required but applets are possible, see the sample.
* detects capitalization errors
* enable or disable each feature separately
System Requirements:Java Runtime Environment 5.0 or higher
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall