irrKlang for Windows Publisher's description
from Ambiera e.U.
irrKlang is a powerful high level API for playing back sound in 3D and 2D applications like games
irrKlang is a powerful high level API for playing back sound in 3D and 2D applications like games, scientific visualizations and multimedia applications. irrKlang is free for non commercial use. There is also an advanced version of irrKlang named 'irrKlang pro' which can be purchased for a small license fee and may be used in commercial products.
* Plays multiple file formats, .WAV, .MP3, .OGG, .MOD, .XM, .IT, .S3M...
* Buffered and streamed audio playback, in 2D and 3D.
* irrKlang is platform independent: irrKlang runs on several operating systems including Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Linux, Mac OS X (Intel as well as Power PC).
* Incredible simple API
* High level resource management and autodetection: The engine can do everything for you. Just tell it to play a sound file, and it will load, cache and/or stream sound data for you automaticly, depending on what is best for performance and memory usage. But if you want to specify how the engine should handle this, you can do this as well.
* Sophisticated 3D sound engine designed to be used in games.
* Extendable: Possibility to write own file format readers/decoders to extend the engine with it.
* Sound effects such as the doppler effect for 3D sounds or 2D effects like echo, reverb, distortion, flanger and more.
* Exact seeking and position retrieval in streams and buffered sounds.
* Plugin System: Simply copy external created plugins to the place where irrKlang is being used and extend its functionality with it.
* Works with multiple compilers including Microsofts VisualStudio 6.0в„ў, VisualStudio.NET 7.0 - 2010, and with g++3.2 - 4.0, also with support for Code::Blocks and XCode.
* Multi/Singlethreaded modes: The engine can run both multithreaded or singlethreaded in the same thread as your application, to make it possible to debug your application easier for example.
* Low level audio output manipulation: Possibility to alter any aspect of a playing sound like panning, volume and 3d position.
* Sound event call backs.
* File reading functionality can be overwritten by the user, of course, making it possible to let irrKlang read from own file archives for example.
What's New in This Release:В· Added support for .NET framework 4.
В· Fixed a problem with audio recording: GUIDs were not correctly decoded for some devices, causing manual device selection to fail on Windows.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall