dotConnect for PostgreSQL Publisher's description
A data provider for PostgreSQL built over ADO.NET architecture.
dotConnect for PostgreSQL is an enhanced data provider built over ADO.NET architecture and a development framework with a number of innovative technologies. With state of the art ORM solutions such as Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL, it introduces new approaches for designing applications and boosts productivity of database application development.
* Database Application Development Extensions
dotConnect for PostgreSQL has a rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient component editors, wizards and managers, toolset for live data binding, DDEX, a and much more.
* PostgreSQL Advanced Features Support
dotConnect for PostgreSQL allows developers to harness full capabilities of the PostgreSQL server. dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports such PostgreSQL-specific features as secure SSL connections, PostgreSQL notifications, PostgreSQL bulk data loading and others.
* Optimized Code
dotConnect for PostgreSQL assemblies are implemented using optimized code and advanced data access algorithms.
* ORM Support
dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models - Entity Developer.
dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports Entity Framework v1, v4.x, v5 and v6, NHibernate, and LinqConnect (formerly LINQ to PostgreSQL) - our own ORM solution, closely compatible to Microsoft LINQ to SQL, while extending its functionality with its own features.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Embarcadero Delphi Prism
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
What's New in This Release:Entity Developer:
- The bug with not including the namespace name in the XML mapping, when namespaces for entity classes and context class are different, is fixed (LinqConnect models)
- The bug with creating models for Entity Framework 6 on the workstation without .NET Framework 4.5 installed is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- The bug with association mapping in the DbContext template is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- The bug with composite keys mapping in the DbContext template is fixed (Entity Framework models)
Entity Framework support:
- The bug with changing the MigrationHistory table when migrating from EF4/EF5 to EF6, when config.Workarounds.DisableQuoting = True, is fixed
System Requirements:- NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0
- ADO.NET Entity Framework
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall