BoneCP Publisher's description
BoneCP is a fast, free, open-source, Java database connection pool (JDBC Pool) library.
BoneCP is a fast, free, open-source, Java database connection pool (JDBC Pool) library. If you are familiar with C3P0 and DBCP then you already know what this means. For the rest, this is a library that will manage a database connection for you to get faster database access in your application.
* Highly scalable, fast connection pool
* Callback (hook interceptor) mechanisms on a change of connection state.
* Partitioning capability to increase performance
* Allows direct access to a connection/statements
* Automatic resizing of pool
* Statement caching support
* Support for obtaining a connection asynchronously (by returning a Future<Connection>)
* Release helper threads to release a connection in an asynchronous fashion for higher performance.
* Easy mechanism to execute a custom statement on each newly obtained connection (initSQL).
* Support to switch to a new database at runtime without shutting down an application
* Ability to replay any failed transaction automatically (for the case where database/network goes down etc)
* JMX support
* Lazy initialization capable
* Automatic validation of connections (keep-alives etc)
* Allow obtaining of new connections via a datasource rather than via a Driver
* Datasource/Hibernate support capable
* Debugging hooks to highlight the exact place where a connection was obtained but not closed
* Debugging support to show stack locations of connections that were closed twice.
* Custom pool name support.
* Clean organised code. 100% unit test code coverage (over 125 JUnit tests).
* Free, open source and written in 100% pure Java with complete Javadocs.
What's New in This Release:В· Fixes for idleMaxAge/idleConnectionTester
В· Fixes for multiple nodes in XML config
В· Fix NPE on getConnection timeout
В· Log batch statements properly
В· Enhance onAcquireFail hook (and fix tiny bug in process)
В· Also log statements + quote strings
В· Added driver properties option
В· Don't close off connection when shutting down
В· Fix bug in close connection watch debug tool, terminate all release helpers when shutting down.
System Requirements:* A database that accepts connections
* A driver to go with it
* Google Collections library, available for free from here. Maven users should get this automatically during their builds.
* The SLF4J logging library. Older versions of BoneCP use Log4J library directly.
* JDK1.5 or higher.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall