Active Query Builder .NET Edition Publisher's description
True two-way Query Builder .NET component to build complex SQL queries easily.
Active Query Builder for .NET is a visual SQL query builder .NET component that allows your end-users to build complex SQL queries via an intuitive visual query building interface easily. Active Query Builder renders all SQL features, such as sub-queries and unions, very easy to accomplish and provides both SQL beginners and experienced query writers with everything they needs to efficiently work with queries. The interface of Active Query Builder is similar to MS Access and SQL Server's visual query building interface, so it is already familiar to most database users. Active Query Builder practically eliminates mistakes when writing SQL queries while achieving almost instant results. By embedding Active Query Builder into your product, you can make it easy for beginners and provide a powerful tool for professionals.Active Query Builder on helping users understand databases when working with queries. It allows for the full replacement of real object and field names with "alternative" names that are understandable and readable for the user; it allows for reflecting metadata in a tree according to a logical, rather than a physical, database structure.Active Query Builder gives you full control over the SQL query - you can easily parse SQL queries as well as analyze and modify them programmatically via the internal query builder objects. The detailed information about used database objects and fields is available for every part of the query. By using this information you can deny the execution of unwanted objects or add the necessary conditions to the query in order to prevent unauthorized access to the data. You can edit existing queries or even create new SQL queries in run-time.Active Query Builder supports Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Informix, Sybase, Interbase, Firebird, and SQL dialects of other database servers.
What's New in This Release:· The overview window is added to the right bottom corner of the Design Pane to navigate over the large query diagrams.
· The QueryBuilder.PanesConfigurationOptions property group now has the necessary properties to configure this window.
· Ability to work without the Design pane is made.
· It allows for easier query building process for relatively small databases in which the relations between database objects are clear enough so they won't require to be visualized. Read the Working without the Design Pane article for details.
· Right-to-left layout and reading direction are implemented.
· Use the RightToLeft and RightToLeftLayout properties to setup this functionality.
· Documentation is updated.
· Documentation in HTML Help format (CHM) is added to the installation package.
· Massive fixes in the DevExpress controls factory are made.
· Other minor fixes and improvements are made.
System Requirements:Windows.Forms .NET 2.0 (and higher) environment
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall