z88 Development Kit Publisher's description
from Marcello Zaniboni
A cross compiler to help you with your work.
z88dk is a z80 C cross compiler supplied with an assembler/linker and a set of libraries implementing the C standard library for a number of different z80 based machines. The name z88dk originates from the time when the project was founded and targetted only the Cambridge z88 portable.
The compiler featured in z88dk is a much enhanced Small C compiler; the compiler accepts many features of ANSI C and is only deficient in a few areas where implementation on a z80 processor might prove inefficient. The compiler performs simple optimisations, but the bulk of the optimisation is achieved by a set of peep-hole rules, which will typically reduce the size of a large project by up to a third.
The libraries supplied with z88dk are designed to be as generic as possible, indeed it is possible to port to a new machine simply by supplying two library routines and some startup code. It is hoped that one day z88dk will support as many z80 based machines as there is information available and sufficient interest in. Currently z88dk supports more than twenty z80 targets with the level of library support for each target varying with interest shown by users.
What's New in This Release:- [z80asm] Supports -I and -L directives to specify library and include paths
- [z80asm] the # include identify is no longer required
- [z80asm] Bug fixes for rabbit support
- [sccz80] Support for alternate assemblers
- [zcc] Support for alternate assembler/linkers
- [z80nm] Improvements and bug fixes
- [lib] MSX: Many improvements including lib32
- [lib] TRS80: New target
- [lib] Galaksija: New target
- [lib] CPC: Better handling of firmware calls and graphics support
- [lib] C128: Improvements
- [lib] strlcat and strlcpy are now available
- [lib] Many other improvements and bug fixes
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall