RESTEasy Publisher's description
from Bill Burke
RESTEasy is a JBoss project that provides various frameworks to help you build RESTful Web Services and RESTful Java applications
RESTEasy is a JBoss project that provides various frameworks to help you build RESTful Web Services and RESTful Java applications. It is a fully certified and portable implementation of the JAX-RS specification. JAX-RS is a new JCP specification that provides a Java API for RESTful Web Services over the HTTP protocol.
RESTEasy can run in any Servlet container, but tighter integration with the JBoss Application Server is also available to make the user experience nicer in that environment. While JAX-RS is only a server-side specification, RESTEasy has innovated to bring JAX-RS to the client through the RESTEasy JAX-RS Client Framework. This client-side framework allows you to map outgoing HTTP requests to remote servers using JAX-RS annotations and interface proxies.
* Fully certified JAX-RS implementation
* Portable to any app-server/Tomcat that runs on JDK 5 or higher
* Embeddedable server implementation for junit testing
* Client framework that leverages JAX-RS annotations so that you can write HTTP clients easily (JAX-RS only defines server bindings)
* Client "Browser" cache. Supports HTTP 1.1 caching semantics including cache revalidation
* Server in-memory cache. Local response cache. Automatically handles ETag generation and cache revalidation
* Rich set of providers for: XML, JSON, YAML, Fastinfoset, Multipart, XOP, Atom, etc.
* JAXB marshalling into XML, JSON, Jackson, Fastinfoset, and Atom as well as wrappers for maps, arrays, lists, and sets of JAXB Objects.
* GZIP content-encoding. Automatic GZIP compression/decompression suppport in client and server frameworks
* Asynchronous HTTP (Comet) abstractions for JBoss Web, Tomcat 6, and Servlet 3.0
* Asynchronous Job Service.
* Rich interceptor model.
* EJB, Seam, Guice, Spring, and Spring MVC integration
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall