Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Publisher's description
from Microsoft Co
Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition is a comprehensive
This download installs Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1). SP1 addresses issues that were found through a combination of customer and partner feedback, as well as internal testing. These service packs offer Visual Studio and .NET Framework users improvements in responsiveness, stability and performance.
Click here for more information regarding about these service packs.
* If you previously installed a Visual Studio 2008 Hotfix or Visual Studio 2008 SP1 pre-release, you must run the Service Pack Preparation tool before installing Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
* If you have multiple Visual Studio products installed, you must upgrade all of them to SP1. If you have Visual Studio 2008 and one or more 2008 Express Editions, you cannot upgrade the Express Editions until you have upgraded Visual Studio.
* Prior to installation, you should carefully review the included readme file to be aware of any known issues with this release.
* The following technologies have been tested and verified to work with SP1:
o Silverlight 2 SDK Beta 2 & Silverlight Tools Beta 2. (If Silverlight Tools Beta 2 is already installed, you must upgrade it after you install Visual Studio 2008 SP1. To upgrade, use the installer on the Silverlight Tools Beta 2 page on the Microsoft Download Center Web site.)
o MVC Preview Release #3
o ASP.NET Extensions/Dynamic Data Preview
o VC 2008 Feature Pack
o VB PowerPack Controls (2.0 & 3.0)
o Expression Studio 2 (RTM)
o SQL Server 2008
o .NET Framework 3.5 SDK
o XSLT Profiler
o VSTA 2.0 SDK
o Visual Studio 2008 SDK
If you encounter issues installing SP1, uninstall technologies and/or development add-ins not listed above and retry SP1 installation. As further technologies are updated and verified to be compatible with SP1 they will be added to this list.
System Requirements:System Requirements
* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
* Minimum: 1.6 GHz CPU, 384 MB RAM, 1024x768 display, 5400 RPM hard disk
* Recommended: 2.2 GHz or higher CPU, 1024 MB or more RAM, 1280x1024 display, 7200 RPM or higher hard disk
* On Windows Vista: 2.4 GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM
* Maintain Internet connectivity during the installation of the service pack until seeing the ???Installation Completed Successfully??? message before disconnecting.
Program Release Status: Major Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall