Gammadyne Mailer Publisher's description
A complete solution for running email campaigns.
Gammadyne Mailer is essential software for automating a business's email marketing. It can send personalized email campaigns as well as process virtually any type of incoming email, including sign-ups, opt-outs, and bounce-backs. The mailing list can be in a database, CSV file, or plain text file, and there are a full set of list management tools. Gammadyne Mailer's advanced SMTP engine supports multi-tasking, load balancing, HTML, mail merge, recipient filtering, throttling, and much more. Other capabilities include tracking, auto-responding, forwarding, list-serving, and follow-ups. But perhaps its best quality is its rock-solid design; it can run indefinitely without crashing or draining system resources. For over 12 years, Gammadyne Mailer has been grinding through the toughest of email tasks. No email marketing effort should be without it.
What's New in This Release:* Added a built-in scheduler, which is much easier to use than Windows Task Scheduler. Tasks run in the background without taking up space on the taskbar. Their progress can be monitored in the scheduler.
* Major improvements to the "View Result Set" tool:
* Added support for editing unicode characters in database columns.
* Added a toolbar.
* Added the "Column" menu.
* Added the "Delete Column" tool.
* Added the ability to sort columns based on numeric values, dates, etc. instead of just alphabetically.
* Searches can now be performed when there is no Identity Column.
* For large tables, greatly improved the speed at which the table scrolls.
* Added a "Revise" button to the search tool's "No occurrences found" window.
* Fixed: error trying to save a value with an apostrophe or backslash to a binary column.
* The "Test Spam Score" tool can now determine if your emails will fail an SPF check. This will alert you to a problem that could seriously damage deliverability.
* The "Make Styles Inline" feature now supports style sheets located in an external file or Internet URL.
* Added the "Opens Over Time" graph to the tracking report.
* Improved the detection of soft bounces by examining the "message/delivery-status" attachment. Previously, some soft bounces were being detected as hard. This was causing unnecessary removals from the mailing list.
* Improved the inner workings of the Send Progress window. Lowered CPU usage and improved throughput, especially with a large number of threads.
* Redesigned the project backup system. Instead of making just 1 backup, now up to 20 are kept. Added the "Restore project backup" tool to the File menu.
* The Send Progress window now shows the estimated time remaining.
* Improved the cosmetic appearance of the tracking report.
* Minor interface improvements.
* Added to the tracking report a summary of the total number of each type of platform.
* The Simple Merge feature was previously considering any comma, semi-colon, or tab to be a field separator. This would cause a problem if any field contains a semi-colon in a comma separated file, for example. Now the field separator is auto-detected from the first line of data, and only that separator is allowed to separate fields. Also, the vertical bar (|) can now be used as a separator.
* Added to the "Lookup Recipients" tool support for unicode characters.
* Added the "Estimated Opens" column to the Tracking Campaigns window.
* Added the "Insert Opt-Out Link" tool to the HTML editor.
* The Send Operation Wizard now allows the user to configure the Address Book profile, password, and distribution list.
* Added the ability to limit how many times the Incoming Operation is repeated.
* The tracking report now lists the percentage for each browser.
* The HTML editor's toolbar now combines many tools into drop-down menus.
* Added 69 new blacklists to the Check Blacklisting tool.
* Added the "Insert Horizontal Rule" tool to the HTML editor.
* When tracking is enabled, the maximum number of threads has been doubled to 32. Server upgrades have made a much higher load possible.
* Added support for SSL's "Server Name Indication" feature.
* The "Export Tracking Data" tool can now export the Interest Score.
* The "Log Size Limit" field now also applies to the Incoming Log, not just the Send Log. This field now supports values with a decimal point. Also, if the log is truncated, the summary will now appear at the end anyway.
* Added the "Average Interest Score" tracking statistic.
* Added the "Refresh" button to the tracking campaigns window.
* Added to the "Issue SQL Command" tool support for unicode characters.
* Added the "Rename Project" tool to the Welcome Wizard.
* The "Generate Host Stats" and "Log Connection Errors" fields now support the * and ? wildcards so that a different log can be produced for each operation.
* It is now possible to exclude an individual tag from HTML image processing. Simply specify a "nomodify=1" attribute in the tag.
* Improved the way the tracking report calculates the Interest Score.
* The Locate Mail Server tool now lists the SPF record for the main domain, not just for the mail servers.
* Added a help file guide on how to configure GM to drop emails into the Microsoft IIS Pickup folder. When GM is installed on a web server, this method is vastly faster because it bypasses SMTP.
* Generating a large tracking report is now much faster.
* All fields that are used to specify a filepath will now support Environment Variables.
* The Troubleshoot HTML tool now warns against using scripts, since they are not supported in most email clients.
* Added the "Edit" button to the bottom of the Suppression List table.
* Added the "System Tools" launcher to the Interface menu.
* Added a "Browse" context option to the Exclude Users, Exclude Domains, and Include Domains fields.
* If the user clicks Abort on the "This is the last chance" window, the Send Summary will no longer appear.
* Security fix: after a failed IMAP4 login attempt, the log was revealing the password.
* HTML editor: pressing enter at the end of an element will now escape out of the element.
* The default Cursor Type has changed from Keyset Driven to Forward Only. This reduces memory usage.
* The HTML to text conversion process now supports horizontal rules and definition lists.
* The tree linkage is now only visible when the mouse is over the tree.
* Many more project configuration errors are now caught and reported before an operation runs.
* Added the "Help" option to the Tracking menu.
* The "AddHeaders" field of GMFW.INI now defaults to 1 if absent. This simplifies the process of configuring GM to drop emails in IIS's Pickup folder.
* Added a "Help" button to the Test Spam Score window.
* The "Test HTML Images" feature will now report information about why an image cannot be downloaded or opened. It will also report an error if the file is empty.
* Check PTR Record tool: pressing Enter in the External IP Address field will now refresh the results.
* Added the project_filepath() G-Merge function.
* An error is now reported if there are any invalid domains specified in the Exclude Domains or Include Domains fields.
* Added to the Success/Failure graph the "Pearls" appearance option.
* The third parameter to the str_remove() function is now optional.
* Improved the appearance of the Send Summary's pie chart and banner.
* The "Cut", "Copy", "Paste", and "Undo" icons on the HTML editor toolbar are now hidden by default. Most users use hotkeys for these tools.
* Added the %ArchiveDir% environment variable for DOS batches, which holds the path of the Archive Emails folder.
* Eliminated an unnecessary RSET command in the SMTP conversation after a fresh connection has been established (slight performance improvement).
* The Incoming Log will now mention how many times the Incoming Operation was repeated.
* Fixed: the Generate Host Stats feature will no longer operate when using the Preview Recipients tool.
* Fixed: when running the Preview Recipients tool, the fatal() function was not being recognized as a valid function.
* Fixed: a few very rare cases related to validating email address and domain syntax.
* Fixed: when GM is minimized and running a Send Operation, certain notification windows could appear briefly.
* Fixed: the "Locate Mail Server" tool was using cached DNS records in some lookups.
* Fixed: the "Test HTML Images" and "Test Sender Domain" features were not obeying the /q switch. In the event of an error, GM will now terminate silently as expected.
* Fixed: when launching the Find tool in an HTML viewer/editor, and there is selected text, the search string was populated with garbage instead of the selected text.
* Fixed: when forwarding an email, the X-Sender: and X-Receiver: headers are now discarded. Their presence will cause Visendo SMTP Extender to produce a duplicate email.
* Fixed: the "Errors detected in HTML Body's images" window could fail to appear if the main window is minimized, and the main window would be disabled with no way to close it.
* Fixed: G-Merge was fetching binary columns in MS Access as hex digits.
* Fixed: a small number of emails were being lost if the number of threads was set to more than the operating system supports (around 700 on Windows 7). Also, the Send Operation could get stuck in the "Waiting for threads to finish" phase.
System Requirements:Internet connection
20 MB of hard disk space
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall