VoiceChatter Publisher's description
from Chris Weiland 2008
VoiceChatter is a free, cross-platform voice communication (chat) application.
VoiceChatter is a free, cross-platform voice communication (chat) application. It was designed with gaming in mind, but can be used for many other purposes.
VoiceChatter is still under heavy development, but the feature set is large enough to be useful in the general case. So just because a feature isn't listed doesn't mean that it won't be integrated soon.
Currently, VoiceChatter implements the following features:
* Talk with friends, Family, or teammates over a fast and clear connection
* Ability to use text chat for anyone without a Microphone
* Native client and server support for all 3 major platforms (Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux)
* Automatic microphone volume normalization
* Admin features including kick/ban and move clients
* Ability to define users and groups for granting admin privileges
* Remote admin interface, allowing 3rd party applications to admin servers while they are running
* Recording voice conversations
* Saved server list for easily managing any servers that you use
* Password protected servers and channels
* Nested channels
* Codec quality/bandwidth usage control
* Support for ALSA, Windows MME, DirectSound, and CoreAudio
* Voice activated transmission
* User comments
* Text to speech and/or audio file event notifications
There are plans to integrate the following in the near future:
* Support for OSS
* Logging of text conversations
* User to user file transfers
UPDATE: here's a quick Copy+paste of the changelog.txt:
Fixed inbound/outbound volume modifier Sliders on Mac version
Fixed alt+tab icon on windows
Improved user editor dialog positioning
Encrypted passwords when transmitted over the internet and in the server configuration file
Added a properties panel to the Main Screen for showing....properties!
Added ability to globally mute clients
Moved network configuration settings to the "advanced" tab in the configurati
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall