pgAdmin Publisher's description
pgAdmin is a comprehensive administration interface for the PostgreSQL database.
pgAdmin is a comprehensive administration interface for the PostgreSQL database. The application runs under GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and MS Windows.
It was designed to answer the needs of all users, from writing simple SQL queries to developing complex databases, with support of the latest PostgreSQL features. The software is released with an installer and does not require any additional driver to communicate with the database server.
pgAdmin is developed by a community of database specialists around the world and is available in more than 30 languages.
What's New in This Release:- Fix a layout bug in the graphical explain renderer that could render nodes on top of each other.
- Fix Slony's DDL Script support
- Add support for Event Triggers in 9.3+
- Avoid using a Help cache file that needs to be world writeable, and ensure sed is happy when post-processing helpfiles.
- Fix the help path on the import dialogue and improve the error handling
- Fix path the the Search Objects help doc
- Fix UTF-8 display for guru hints
- Prevent a crash when creating a stored procedure in PPAS
- Disable the Favourites menu items if there is no favourites file path
- Make No the default button on the Truncate confirmation dialog
- Support Materialized
- Fix comments on constraints
- Fix schema prefixes in cast definitions in the browser.
- Treat sequences as first class objects in the Grant Wizard. Support USAGE and remove obsolete RULE permissions
- Set the default backup type to "Custom".
- Improve the copy handling on the Edit Grid so that it works more consistently and predictably.
- Fix comments on columns.
- Remove the "Apply" buttons from the function, view package and external table dialogues. Their use is discouraged, and the code is fragile, complex and very buggy.
- Fix a crash that could occur if the browser fails to detect that an object has been changed by another session.
- Change the default SQL box font to a slightly smaller size on GTK based platforms.
- Don't prompt the user for a password if they're using a client certificate.
- Ensure global backups use the maintenance database to avoid access issue with postgres or template1.
- Fix SSL certificate authentication.
- Fix renaming and schema changes for stored procedures in PPAS
- Add SSH tunnelling support to allow connections to be made to hosts via an SSH server
- Display the index validity in the properties list for indexes and index-based constraints
- Add an option to include column headers when copying from the query tool results
- Allow the decimal mark displayed by the query tool to be configured as the thousands separator can
- Ensure the Query Tool's maximum column length setting is honoured.
- Handle default privileges to PUBLIC correctly.
- Add tab option in the Import dialog.
- Add smallserial handling.
- Fix the editing of pg_hba.conf files
- Fix the display of extension owner names.
- Add a title to the backup and restore windows.
- Fix a bug that could cause a NOTICE to be displayed when rendering FTS Configurations in the tree.
- Don't try to display dependents or dependencies for pgAgent jobs, schedules or steps.
- Fix the handling of expiry times when modifying roles.
- Prevent foreign keys being recreated unnecessarily when modifying tables
- Fix handling of Greenplum partitions
- Add -V/--version CLI option.
- Add actions menu to the serverstatus tool.
- Fix the database SQL when reseting a configuration parameter.
- Refresh the toolbar buttons when a list has been updated.
- Fix the "NO INHERIT" query.
- Display default privs.
- Sort references by schema name and relation name in dlgForeignKey.
- Fix the change of the superuser attribute.
- Fix the queries used to get object comments to allow for duplicate OIDs that may be present following use of pg_upgrade.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall