Oracle Maestro Publisher's description
from SQL Maestro Group
Oracle Maestro is the premier Oracle admin tool for database management, control and development.
Oracle Maestro is the premier Oracle admin tool for database management, control and development. Key features include:
Support for all the Oracle versions from 8i to 11g
Easy database object management
Comfortable access to Oracle security features
Data management: editing, grouping, sorting and filtering abilities
Handy SQL Editor with code folding and multi-threading
Visual Query Builder with support for subqueries and UNIONS
Data export/import to/from the most popular formats
Powerful BLOB Viewer/Editor
The application also provides you with a powerful set of tools to edit and execute SQL scripts, build visual diagrams for numeric data, compose OLAP cubes, and much more.
What's New in This Release:Server management extensions:
Get SQL Dump wizard has been significantly updated:
· Now it is possible to rename output columns in the result SQL script. To set a new target column name, enter a value to the Target column in the grid at the first step of the wizard.
· You can also change the order of output columns using the appropriate commands of the popup menu or Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down shortcuts.
· Starting with this version it is possible to specify the SQL syntax the result script to be written on. This feature allows you to restore the dump contents to a table in a different database server such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird, or SQLite.
· This version comes with Report Designer, a simple-to-use and elegant tool to prepare data for reading, viewing, and printing in a polished look.
· Use this tool to create database reports using drag-and-drop functionality and rich formatting options. To invoke the window, use the Main Menu | Tools | Report Designer menu item.
· The Start Page has been redesigned in order to provide quick access to recently connected database profiles and display the latest company news.
SQL Editor features:
· Now on executing several statements from a single editor tab (did you know about such a possibility?), the corresponding result tab is marked with an appropriate image.
· Starting from this version you can copy the selected text from any editor to Clipboard as a ready-to-use string written in one of the following programming languages: C#, C++, Delphi (Object Pascal), and Java. This feature is accessible in the Export section of the editor area popup menu.
· Database Explorer: now it is possible to assign a custom color to a certain database profile. For example, you can mark development and production databases in different colors in order to prevent casual metadata or data changes in the production. The desired color can be selected at the Options tab in the Edit Database Profile dialog.
· Hints for foreign key columns now include the name of the parent table.
· Script Runner allows now to execute archived scripts directly from .zip files. The tool unpacks zip archives to temporary files by itself for further executing
· Drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer has been added to SQL Editor and SQL Script Editor. Now to open a file in one of the editors, just drag it at Windows Explorer and drop at the editor area
· The performance of SQL Script Editor has been significantly increased especially on large script editing. In addition to this the name of the file loaded to the editor area is now displayed at the right bottom corner of the window
· Script Runner has been slightly changed in appearance and performance. Now the name of the database the script to be run on is displayed at the top of the window, the name of the script file may be quoted, and the script files in the UTF-8 encoding may optionally start with a byte order mark
Data Grid features:
· Now it is possible to display images directly in the grid. To enable/disable this view mode or change the image fitting, use the Manage inline images item of the column popup menu.
· Data Input Form has been significantly improved. Now it simplifies the input of data with lookup menus for columns linked with foreign keys and ENUM columns, a calculator for DECIMAL columns, and check box groups for SET ones. The form can be invoked now with Ctrl+Alt+D shortcut.
· Multi-column lookup editors become available. Such editors modify values of several columns in the record simultaneously in order to guarantee referential integrity.
· Now the headers of primary and foreign key columns are marked with the 'gold key' and 'silver key' images accordingly as well as the headers of required columns are marked with a red asterisk. The existence of any column marked with a gold key in the dataset means that you can modify/delete the records of this dataset without risk of updating/deleting several records at a time.
Table Editor features:
· Another way of index creating has been implemented. Now you can create a new index directly from the Fields tab of the table editor. To add an index, select column(s) the new index to consist of and use the Create index on columns... command.
· Foreign key references i.e. foreign keys created in other tables and referencing for columns of the current one, are now displayed well.
· Visual Query Builder: the Create view from SQL link has been added to the Navigation panel. This feature allows you to create a view based on a SELECT query prepared within the builder as quickly as possible.
· Prepared database reports now run fine on UNIX systems.
· Table Editor Options: starting with this version it's possible to allow the application to open details at the Data tab automatically.
Data Import features:
· From now on it is possible to import data from CSV files that contain multi-line strings.
· A possibility of setting the correspondence between source and target columns by column name has been implemented (previous versions allow you to set such a correspondence only by column index).
· Data Export: now it is possible to specify decimal and thousand separators for the generated files (when applicable).
· The progress windows are redesigned in the modern style and become more informative.
System Requirements:· Client environment:
· Pentium PC or higher;
· 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended);
· 15 MB of free hard disk space;
· SVGA-compatible video adapter;
· Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher;
· Server environment:
· Oracle server version 8.x - 11.x.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall