GestDB Publisher's description
from Arsenio Molinero
This application was developed with the objetive of allowing the access to different database engines at the same time and perform queries
This application was developed with the objetive of allowing the access to different database engines at the same time and perform queries, modifications and data struture creations with its contents.
The idea rose from the desperation of his creator that had to install a different database client by every database, that means to learn how to manage a new program every time. There was also the inconvenient of the space, because every client costs a minimun of 300Mb of disk space, which is a waste of resources if you only whant to do some sql queries over the database.
These are some of the most important characteristics of GestDB:
* It is possible to connect to different types o databases at the same time (Oracle, DB2, SQLServer, Informix, MYSQL, Firebird, ODBC, Cloudscape, Cloudscape RMI, DaffodilDB Embedded, DaffodilDB Server, db2 CAE, db2 Universal, Derby embedded, Derby embedded memory, Derby server, firstsql, FrontBase, H2 Embedded, H2 Server, Hypersonic SQL v1.3, HyperSQL embedded, HyperSQL server, Ingres, InstantDB v3.14, Interbase, InterSystems Cache, JTDS Sqlserver, JTDS Sybase, Mimer, oracle oci 8i, oracle oci 9i, Pervasive, PointBase Server, PointBase Embedded, PointBase Micro, postgresql 7.0, Sap MaxDB, Sybase 5.2, etc..)
* Visualization of data Structures characteristics.
* Query assistant.
* Data export from one database type to another (example: Oracle to DB2). Database structure exporting its also allowed (create table, index, etc....).
* Data export in plain format.
* Data import from plain text archives and SQL scripts, from independant files or complete directories.
* SQL commands History.
* Automatic Opening of the opened connections on the last session.
* Occupation statistics.
* Multiple Tabs for SQL commands in every session.
* Multiplatform running.
* Java compatible (+JRE 1.6).
* Graphical or text mode.
* Unattended data backups (batch processes).
* Source Code generator for JAVA, HTML, XML, VB, ASP, PHP.
* Code formatter.
* Allows you to generate a graph from the results of a query.
* Filter the data retrieved.
* Favorite SQL Query Management.
* Viewing the metadata structure of a query.
* Limit the number of records returned in a query.
* Modifying data directly in the results table.
What's New in This Release:В· In the Favorites window, there was no clear button
В· We eliminate the classic mode
В· It saves the state of all tabs of all connections, even if we close. If a connection is closed and opened at a later time, it will display all the tabs one had when closing
В· It has a button that lets you test the connection
В· It has a button so you can see the password for the connection
В· They have made the main toolbar to the right to occupy less space, using most of the screens
В· It has put the close tab button in the editor tabs
В· They have changed the resulset of the querys for each position result in a new tab
В· New output format that includes the result of a query on a tab putting the query in the title of the tab. Also included is comfirmed buttons and eliminate re formatting the editor screen queries
В· It has the functionality to limit the number of records to see in the result
В· The column width is automatically adjusted depending on the type of field
В· You can filter the results of queries
System Requirements:В· JRE 1.5 or higher
В· JDBC driver correct for the database
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall