EMS SQL Manager Lite for SQL Server Publisher's description
EMS SQL Manager for SQL Server is a high performance tool for Microsoft SQL Server database development and administration
EMS SQL Manager for SQL Server is a high performance tool for Microsoft SQL Server database development and administration. SQL Manager works with any MS SQL Server versions from 7 to the newest one and supports the latest SQL Server features including new data types (datetimeoffset, hierarchyid, geometry, geography and more), table types and table-valued parameters, logon triggers, backups with compression and other. It offers plenty of powerful SQL tools such as Visual Database Designer that allows creating SQL Server database in few clicks, Visual Query Builder and advanced SQL editor to build complicated SQL Server queries and many more useful features for efficient SQL Server administration. SQL Manager for SQL Server has a state-of-the-art graphical user interface with well-described wizard system, so clear in use that even a newbie will not be confused with it.
Support of SQL Server 2008
* Support of new data types: date, datetime2, datetimeoffset, time, hierarchyid, geometry, geography
* Support of table types
* Support of logon triggers
* Supports of new backup parameters: compression, buffer count, max transfer size
* Support of Unicode data
Rapid database management and navigation
* Multiple host/database connections
* Database properties management
* Server properties management
* Registering databases for working with the required databases only
* Projects to work with the selected database objects only
* Multiple user-defined tabs for any tree node to access it in one-click.
* Working with multiple selected objects at a time
* Grouping/ungrouping registered databases by host name
Easy management of all SQL Server objects
* Creating/dropping databases and schemas
* Managing tables and all their subobjects: fields, indices, triggers, checks and foreign keys
* Managing views, procedures and user-defined functions
* Managing user-defined types, synonyms, DDL triggers, assemblies, aggregates, XML schema collections, defaults and rules
* Managing partition functions and schemes, full-text catalogs and indices, symmetric and asymmetric keys, certificates
* Managing jobs, schedules, alerts, operators, endpoints, linked servers, credentials, proxies
* Duplicating all database objects
* Viewing dependencies between database objects
Advanced data manipulation tools
* Powerful BLOB viewer/editor with several types of viewing BLOB data
* Plenty of useful tools such as data grouping, summarizing, fast searching and filtering
* Master-detail view to work with two linked tables at the same time
* Table and card views to see data the way you like
* Support of queries returning multiple result sets
* Ability to copy and paste selected records
* Advanced printing system
Effective security management
* Powerful login manager for administering server logins
* Managing database users and user-defined roles
* Managing server roles membership
* Grant manager displaying all database object grants in the form of a grid
* Viewing and changing object permissions to database roles in object editors
Excellent visual and text tools for query building
* Visual query builder allowing you to build complicated queries without any knowledge of SQL syntax
* Multiple SQL editors with code completion, syntax highlight and code folding
* Large script executing (SQL script editor)
* Ability to view actual and estimated query plan as diagram
* SQL Formatter (Available from SQL Editor context menu)
* Favorite Queries (Save and use your frequently used queries easily)
Impressive data export and import capabilities
* Exporting data to most popular formats: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, HTML, PDF, TXT, CSV, DBF, XML, ODF etc.
* Importing data from MS Excel, MS Access, DBF, XML, ODF, TXT and CSV
* Bulk Insert wizard
* Exporting data to SQL script as INSERT statement with selecting destination DBMS
Visual Database Designer to handle database structure in a few clicks
* Creating diagram of existing database using Reverse engineering tool
* Dividing diagram into different subject areas located on separate pages
* Navigating through diagram using preview navigation to
* Creating/editing/dropping tables and table fields, visually setting links between them
* Ability to add comments to diagram
* Saving as image or printing database diagram
* Two diagram notations (IDEF1x and IE)
* A lot of visual customization options
Easy-to-use wizards performing SQL Server administrative tasks
* Backing up database
* Restoring database
* Attaching database
* Detaching database
* Shrinking database
* Managing indices
* Updating statistics
* Checking database
Powerful tools to make your work with SQL Server as easy as it can be
* Extracting metadata into text files or SQL script editor
* Powerful print metadata module for creating customizable metadata reports
* HTML report generator to create a detailed HTML report about your database quickly
* Managing backup devices
* Managing database snapshots
* Viewing SQL Server logs
* Monitoring SQL Server activity
Report designer with clear in use report construction wizard
* Create Report Wizard allows you to create simple reports in a few clicks
* Managing reports the same way as if they were database objects: accessing reports directly through DB Explorer tree
New state-of-the-art graphical user interface
* Office 11 and Windows XP visual schemes support
* Well-described Wizard System
* Improved database explorer for easy management of all SQL Server objects
* MDI and floating-window styles implementation
* Windows Toolbar to switch between windows easily, like in Windows Task Bar
* Navigation bars with hot actions in most of the windows
* Ability to save all program settings
* Customizable toolbars for all program windows
* Fully customizable program interface
* Powerful visual options module
* Localizable program interface
And other useful features
* Keyboard templates
* To-do list
* External tool manager
What's New in This Release:1. SQL Editor.
* Now the number of affected records is displayed for each batch statement.
* If a query returns multiple recordsets, the number of records is now displayed for every recordset.
* Data of FOR XML queries were displayed incorrectly if the data were presented as elements. Fixed now.
* Labels in the procedures were considered as parameters during execution. Fixed now.
* For certain types of queries returning multiple recordsets, the export of the second and subsequent recordsets worked incorrectly. Fixed now.
* The varchar and text fields data that contained national alphabet characters were sorted incorrectly. Fixed now.
* Info messages were sometimes not displayed during repeated execution on SQL Server 2000. Fixed now.
* Sometimes the run-time timer did not stop after the execution. Fixed now.
2. Table and View editors, Data tab. Now the editing of the new datetime types values is possible with the input mask and the drop-down calendar.
3. Table Editor, Data tab.
* The width of the uniqueidentifier fields has been enlarged in the Form View.
* On Windows 7 the grid was resized incorrectly after resizing of the form. Fixed now.
* The grid level disappeared if the grid level was added and then the Refresh command was executed. Fixed now.
* The вЂњSet to Empty StringвЂќ command did not work for varchar (max) fields. Fixed now.
* When pressing Fetch All in tables with large number of records, the records were loaded slowly. Fixed now.
4. Extract Database.
* When extracting a table with the filestream field, the incorrect script was generated: the data were inserted before the creation of the unique key, which caused an error. Fixed now.
* In some cases the commands of indexes creation were duplicated in the result script. Fixed now.
5. Activity Monitor. The text is highlighted now in the SQL Text dialogue.
6. During the text input some national characters were replaced by question marks in the grid and SQL editor. Fixed now.
7. Query Builder. The query containing a clause or a value in brackets in the TOP was not parsed. Fixed now.
8. Windows toolbar. The switching between windows worked incorrectly if a large number of windows were opened. Fixed now.
9. When renaming the procedure without recompiling its body, the old name was displayed in the DDL. Fixed now.
10. In some cases, the extra brackets in field default values were cut off incorrectly. Fixed now.
11. In some cases constraint names autogenerated by the Server were displayed in table DDL. Fixed now.
12. Procedure Editor. If the data export was launched after executing a procedure which returned the recordset, the Missing SQL property error occurred. Fixed now.
13. Now it is possible to change the columns width on the Permissions tab of the objects editors.
14. Table Editor. If on the DDL tab the filestream option and a constrained were set for the field, the erroneous SQL was created. Fixed now.
15. Indices Management. When working with SQL Server 2000, empty strings could appear in the index list if the selected table contained the statistics objects. Fixed now.
16. Table Editor. The statistics objects were displayed in the index list in SQL Server 2000. Fixed now.
17. Other minor improvements and bug-fixes.
System Requirements:* 300-megahertz (MHz) or higher Pentium II-compatible processor; 600-MHz or faster processor recommended
* Microsoft Windows NT4 with SP4 or later, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista x64, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 7 x64
* 64 MB RAM or more; 128 MB or more recommended
* 50MB of available HD space for program installation
* Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor; Super VGA (1024x768) or higher-resolution recommended
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) or SQL Server Native Client
* Local or remote SQL Server 7, SQL Server 2000, MSDE, SQL Server 2005 (We do not support SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition)
* Supported MS SQL Server versions: from 7.0 up to 2008
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall