DbVisualizer Publisher's description
from Minq Software AB
DbVisualizer is the universal database tool for developers and database administrators.
DbVisualizer is the universal database tool for developers and database administrators. It is the perfect solution since the same tool can be used on all major operating systems accessing a wide range of databases.
Tree based navigation through all database objects. Browse object details and invoke management features.
Visual support to create, alter and modify characteristics for database objects such as tables. Edit and compile support for procedures, functions, packages and triggers. Extensive database specific support.
Support for editing table data including binary/BLOB and CLOB data types, import from file.
SQL editor with support for auto completion, parameterized SQLs, SQL formatter, visual query builder, explain plan, export large result sets. Export objects in a database/schema as DDL and table data in the database server.
DBA features for managing database instance, storage and security parameters in the database server.
Database specific support: for Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Mimer, Neoview, MySQL, Informix, JavaDB/Derby.
What's New in This Release:Enhancement:
- Check for Update: Show underlying error message when not being able to connect
- Data tab: Should be possible to assign key binding to the "Show in Navigator" action in the Data tab
- General: Show underlying error message when not being able to connect for Pro evaluation
- General: It should be possible to modify vmoptions per user and not only for the installation which may be shared by many users
- Import: Dropping a file on a Tables or Table object should open the Table Data Import feature
- Installation/Update Installation: Changes in the vmoptions file should survive when installing new versions
- Workspace: Add option to set that "Open in Tab" should switch to the already open object tab first, otherwise open a new tab
- Check for Update: Use System Proxy Settings does not work on Windows if an automatic configuration script is used for system setting
- Connection Setup: Disconnect All may take a while if having a lot (100+) of database connections
- DB Support: Oracle: Max Size is not summarized correctly (DBA Views->Storage->Tablespaces) if having multiple data file for a tablespace
- DB Support: SQL Server: Size parameter is not included in DDL for VARBINARY column and the MAX value is not supported for VARBINARY in Create/Alter Table
- Database Objects Tree: Using the pre 9.0 scripting features doesn't honor the scripting settings in connection properties
- Database Objects Tree: It is not possible to connect (using the node expand handle) a database connection in the Databases tab if it is in an error state
- Database Profile: Actions: The Drop Table action doesn't generate good SQL for MaxDB
- Driver Manager: De-selecting a driver jar file doesn't disable the command buttons. Invoking these without an active selection may result in an error
- Grid Component: Clicking 'Reset Columns' button in the Grid Column Chooser while the underlying resultset is being loaded results in an error
- Monitor: Reloading monitor scripts will reset the current results of any active monitors
- Monitor: Re-displaying the monitor window with monitors running may display an empty dialog in front of it
- Query Builder: Missing whitespace between an operator and its expression cause an error when loading a SELECT statement
- SQL Commander: Getting column info for a result set fails if the table identifier is qualified with a different database than the default
- SQL Commander: Executing queries for large tables with Sybase IQ may be dramatically slower than versions older than 9.0.5
- SQL Commander: NullPointerException when executing a script containing an error with Preprocess Script disabled for databases that support error highlighting
- SQL Commander: When executing a script for a connection that has dropped, an error is reported for the first statement but a new connection is acquired and the rest are executed, possibly with the default database/schema instead of the selected
- SQL Formatter: Formatting a "WITH tableName -- comment AS (SELECT ..." statement does not work as intended
- SQL Formatter: Variables for non-literal strings are mangled when using the Add One Space whitespace setting for the SQL Formatter
- Table Data Editor: Paste in row form editor doesn't work
- Tool Properties: Setting the "Show Null Value as" to en empty string in Tool Properties->Data Formats will break the scripting and table data editing features
System Requirements:Java 1.5 (Java 1.6 is also supported)
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall