AnySQL Maestro Publisher's description
from SQL Maestro Group
AnySQL Maestro is the premier multi-purpose admin tool for database management, control and development.
AnySQL Maestro is the premier multi-purpose admin tool for database management, control and development. Key features include:
* Support of any database engine (SQL Server, MySQL, Access, etc.)
* Database Designer
* Data management: editing, grouping, sorting and filtering abilities
* Handy SQL Editor with code folding and multi-threading
* Visual Query Builder
* Data export/import to/from the most popular formats
* Powerful BLOB Viewer/Editor
The application also provides you with a powerful set of tools to edit and execute SQL scripts, build visual diagrams for numeric data, compose OLAP cubes, and much more.
What's New in This Release:· AnySQL Maestro has been optimized to work with some popular DBMS. Also we have successfully tested the software with the latest versions of database servers and OLE DB Providers / ODBC drivers and updated the Connection String Reference accordingly.
· Now it is possible to rename output columns in the result SQL script. To set a new target column name, enter a value to the Target column in the grid at the first step of the wizard.
· You can also change the order of output columns using the appropriate commands of the popup menu or Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down shortcuts.
· Starting with this version it is possible to specify the SQL syntax the result script to be written on. This feature allows you to restore the dump contents to a table in a different database server such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Firebird, or SQLite.
· The Start Page has been redesigned in order to provide quick access to recently connected database profiles and display the latest company news.
SQL Editor features:
· Now on executing several statements from a single editor tab (did you know about such a possibility?), the corresponding result tab is marked with an appropriate image.
· Starting from this version you can copy the selected text from any editor to Clipboard as a ready-to-use string written in one of the following programming languages: C#, C++, Delphi (Object Pascal), and Java. This feature is accessible in the Export section of the editor area popup menu.
From now on you can use shortcuts based on the F5 key to execute your queries in various ways (this is to ease life of Visual Studio users). The complete list of new shortcuts is as follows:
· F5 Execute the whole query
· Alt+F5 Execute only selected text
· Shift+F5 Execute the query as SQL script (no dataset is returned). The reason of implementing this mode is that it is slightly optimized to execute statements that do not return data such as INSERT or CREATE TABLE.
· Ctrl+F5 Execute the statement at the cursor position.
· Of course the same actions are still available through F9 and F8 shortcuts. For example, you can use Alt+F8 to execute the selected text or Ctrl+F9 to execute the statement at the cursor position.
· Database Explorer: now it is possible to assign a custom color to a certain database profile. For example, you can mark development and production databases in different colors in order to prevent casual metadata or data changes in the production. The desired color can be selected at the Options tab in the Edit Database Profile dialog.
· Script Runner allows now to execute archived scripts directly from .zip files. The tool unpacks zip archives to temporary files by itself for further executing.
Data Grid features:
· Multi-column lookup editors become available. Such editors modify values of several columns in the record simultaneously in order to guarantee referential integrity.
· Data Input Form has been significantly improved. Now it simplifies the input of data with lookup menus for columns linked with foreign keys and a calculator for DECIMAL columns.
· Now the headers of primary and foreign key columns are marked with the 'gold key' and 'silver key' images accordingly as well as the headers of required columns are marked with a red asterisk. The existence of any column marked with a gold key in the dataset means that you can modify/delete the records of this dataset without risk of updating/deleting several records at a time.
Data Import features:
· From now on it is possible to import data from CSV files that contain multi-line strings.
· A possibility of setting the correspondence between source and target columns by column name has been implemented (previous versions allow you to set such a correspondence only by column index).
· Data Export: now it is possible to specify decimal and thousand separators for the generated files (when applicable).
· The progress windows are redesigned in the modern style and become more informative.
· Table Editor Options: starting with this version it's possible to allow the application to open details at the Data tab automatically.
System Requirements:· Pentium PC or higher
· 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
· 15 MB of free hard disk space
· SVGA-compatible video adapter
· ODBC driver or OLE DB provider corresponding to your database
· SQL Server
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall