Convertator Publisher's description
from Ritasa LLC
In the days before personal computers, calculators were limited to a small LED screen and the buttons that would fit on device.
In the days before personal computers, calculators were limited to a small LED screen and the buttons that would fit on device. When graphical user interfaces were developed for computers, there was a great deal more screen space, and yet the basic pocket calculator format was kept. Why??? This was the driving question behind the development of Convertator. And once the list of things a GUI calculator program should be capable of doing was started, it just kept growing.
Convertator is a converting calculator that accepts complete equations which may include units. When the equation is calculated, the result may have the units, base, or precision changed. This is shown in the screenshot below, where the volume of a cylinder was calculated and the units changed to centimeters.
There are many useful features in Convertator, including:
* Complete equations in free form text
* Equation history which allows equations or their results to be reused
* Support for Units, such as:
o Adding feet and inches and changing the result to meters
o Adding ft/sec and mi/hr
o Modulo arithmetic on units, such as 5 feet MODULO 16 inches
* Built in Bases that include:
o Binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal
o Dotted decimal for network addresses
o ASCII and Unicode text for conversion between characters and their computer codes
* Mathematical, trigonometric, and logical operators
* Built in Constants
* Built in Equations, such as the area of a circle, the volume of a sphere, and conversion between Centigrade and Fahrenheit
* Customization of Units, Constants, and Equations which allows you to create these for your own particular needs
* Sharing of customized Units, Constants, and Equations on this website
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall