MediaPortal Publisher's description
MediaPortal turns your PC and TV into a very advanced home media center.
MediaPortal turns your PC and TV into a very advanced home media center. Our software allows you to listen to your favorite music and radio stations; watch and store your videos and DVDs; view, schedule and record live TV as a digital video recorder; and much, much more. MediaPortal is open source software. This means you can help develop MediaPortal or tweak it for your own needs with lots of innovative plugins from our great community.
* Create your own skins, or choose one of the available skins!
* MediaPortal can easily be extended with extra plugins
* You decide which keys you want to use for which actions
* Internal support for several remote control (streamzap, MCE, redeye, winlirc, hauppauge, FireDTV)
* Windowed and fullscreen support
* Supports analog TV, DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-S and ATSC
* HDTV and AC3 support
* Support for multiple tuners
* Record, watch, and timeshift Live TV
* Advanced recording scheduler:
- Record once
- Record now
- Daily o Weekly
- Weekdays (Mon-Fri)
- Every time a program appears on this TV channel
* Timeshifting,Watch, Pause, Rewind, FF, RW Live TV
* Advanced recording management:
- Handle conflicts
- Set recording priorities
- Quality settings / recording
- Transcode to WMD, XVID or MPG
- Diskmanagement auto deletes old and/or watched recordings
- Grab DVB-EPG & MHW-EPG directly for DVB
- Supports XMLTV
- Colors for genres
* TV Guide search
* TV Channel grouping
* Supports over > 10000 channels
* Auto channel tuning
* Normal OSD (On Screen Display during movies/tv)
* Special ZAP OSD (Shows description of what is playing currently on TV)
* Support for Teletext
* Standby control to put your HTPC sleeping. It will awake when there a recording needs to start
My Video / MyDVD
* Play any movie your PC has a codec for (divx, mpeg, matroska,...)
* All your movies will be stored in MediaPortal's video database
* View your movies by actors, genres, year, title
* Sort your movies by actors, genres, year, rating
* Automatically retrieves video art & info from IMDB
* Stacking/unstacking if your movie consists of multiple files
* Internal DVD player with menu's (you can also use an external DVD player)
* On Screen Display (OSD) for: Pause, Rewind, FastForward, Stop, Mute, Bookmarks, Switching Audio Streams/Subtitle languages...
* Resume from playback on next play
* Watch your pictures/photos
* Slideshow support with nice transitions
* Zoom in/out, rotate pictures (rotation is remembered next time)
* Pause, previous/next picture
* Delete picture(s)
* Background music, either songs from my music, or radio from my radio
* Auto thumbnail generation
* Sort in Name, Date, Size
* View in List, Icon or Big Icon display
* Ken Burns effect slideshow
* Filmstrip view
* View your music by artists, albums, genres, top100 or plain songs
* Sort your music in many ways like tracks, genre, filesize, artists, album,...
* Use visualisations from Windows ?Media Player 10
* Load, create & save playlists (.m3u, .pls, .b4u)
* Automaticlly gets album art & info for all your albums
* Automaticlly gets artist art & info for all your artists
* View by list, icons, and big icons
* Shuffle, repeat, FF, RW, pause,...
* Music ratings
* Party shuffle mode
* Search music for specific songs
* Display all your favorite songs in one screen
* Utilize Winamp, Foobar or iTunes plugins for music playback
* Listen to your favorite radio stations (FM, DVB or internet stream)
* Auto tuning (FM)
* Logo's for each radio station (manual process)
* Supply a friendly name for each radio station
* Internet radio station streaming (ASX or Shoutcast)
* Support for external radio tuner applications
* Auto start listening to your selected radio station when MediaPortal starts
* Show the latest weather information
* Support for multiple cities
* Current temperature, 3 Day Forecast
* Temperature (in degrees C/F)
* UV Index, Humity (%), Wind (mph/kph), etc
* Support for live images from internet, like:
- Satellite images
- Temperature images
- UV Index images
- Winds images
- Humidity images
- Precipitation images
* Launching external programs like:
- Email application
- Internet Browser
- IRC client
* Burner let's you burn all type of files and folders directly to CD-DVD from within the MediaPortal interface
* Showing RSS news feeds
* Read and send mail within MediaPortal
* Monitor computer hardware:
- CPU temperature
- Motherboard Temperature
- Hard disk Temperature
- Used Memory
- Used Virtual Memory
* Allow the PC automatically go to standby/hibernation and wakes it when there is a scheduled recording! Just like a real VCR!
* Has different alarm features
* You can even play included games like Tetris or Sudoku!
What's New in This Release:HDMI half/fullscreen fix:
- HDMI is THE connection these days. In 1.4.0 we have finally managed to fix the issue that plagued so many people in our community. MediaPortal no longer resizes into a small window when you use HDMI to connect your HTPC with a TV or AV receiver!
MediaPortal starts faster:
- MediaPortal can take a fair amount of time to start. This release introduces a few changes which should reduce that startup time a bit.
Standby (S3) hibernation (S4) handling reworked:
- MediaPortal's compatibility with Windows power saving features has been improved. Hopefully this will allow you to save some money from your power bill.
Compensate for Windows DPI settings different than 100%:
- Windows has a feature that enables you to increase the size of text (to make it easier to read). This version of MediaPortal works better than previous versions when that feature is enabled.
Video and TV-recordings thumbnails creation:
- Our thumbnail creator for video files has been worked on to make it more reliable.
- We are also now able to create thumbnails for TV recordings on multiseat systems!
Picture thumbnail creation:
- MediaPortal 1.4.0 creates picture thumbnails more than 10x faster than MediaPortal 1.3.0.
- The music player implementation has been given an overhaul. WASAPI support has been added and the existing ASIO support has been cleaned up.
MediaPortal Audio Renderer:
- Based on your feedback, the MPAR which was first introduced in MediaPortal 1.3.0 has been refined and improved even further.
- We know you love the native Blu-Ray support that was introduced in MediaPortal 1.3.0. We've made further improvements in this release.
- The TV-Server has received numerous small fixes and enhancements such as the option to also import and export your tuner settings.
New logging framework:
- The new log4net logging has elements that can be configured, specifically the log file size and log rotation.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall