Giada for Windows Publisher's description
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for djs and live performers.
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for djs and live performers. Load up to 32 samples, choose to play them in single mode (drum machine) or loop mode (sequencer) and start the show with your computer keyboard as a controller.
Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
- Ultra-lightweight internal design
- Giada is designed to be a fast and reliable audio tool, focused on productivity. 100% exotic dependencies free.
- Multi-thread/multi-core support
- The music never stops, even during the heaviest processing.
- 32 bit floating point audio engine
- All samples are internally converted and managed to provide hi-definition audio mixing, with full ALSA, JACK, CoreAudio and DirectSound support.
- Up to 32 audio channels controlled via computer keyboard
- Manage loops and events, play samples, mute and stop channels: everything through your computer's keyboard.
- Different playback modes and combinations
- Play single-shot samples, compose your song with layered loops or use Giada as a live drum machine.
- Bpm and beat sync with sample-accurate loop engine
- Giada can run for hours without losing a bpm, thanks to its sample-based calculations.
- Live quantizer
- Align the samples on exact fractions of beats to gain an ultra-precise live performance.
- Action recorder
- Record every action from active channels, possibly building the structure of your entire track from scratch.
- Patch-based system
- All your sounds and actions can be safely stored into small and compact open source files.
- 100% open-source GPL stuff
- Giada is free for use and distribution: you can use it without any limitations. Help us to improve it more!
What's New in This Release:- Pitch control exposed via MIDI
- New tools in Sample Editor (linear fade in/out, smooth edges)
- Implemented vstEvent::deltaFrames, gaining more precision with vst MIDI events
- Add Fl::lock/Fl::unlock dynamics to glue_ calls where needed
- Avoid pitch sliding when changing pitch of a sample in status OFF
- Update copyright info in source files
- Internal fade in and fade out restored
- Add 'Giada' keyword to desktop file
- Fix annoying glitches when playing very short samples
- Fix random crashes when controlling giada via MIDI
- Fix missing MIDI mapping for read_actions button
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall