Ruby on Rails Akismet Plugin for Email System Utilities Publisher's description
from Josh French
Ruby on Rails Akismet Plugin is the Akismet spam-filtering plugin for Ruby on Rails.
This script allows you to submit arbitrary content to the Akismet spam service.
This plugin is refactored and the methods accept a minimal number of parameters.
1) Aquire API key from Wordpress: http://wordpress.com/api-keys/ You don't need to sign up for a new blog, just get a username and they'll email you an API key.
2) Edit vendor/plugins/akismet/lib/akismet.yml Add your freshly acquired API key and the front page/home URL of your site.
3) In your controller: include Akismet
4) Your controller will now have access to 3 Akismet methods: is_spam?() Submits content to Akismet. Returns true if comment_content is spam; returns false if it is not spam. submit_spam() Submits comments that weren't marked as spam, but should have been. submit_ham() Submits comments that were marked as spam, but should not have been.
5) Minimum usage: is_spam?(:comment_content => content) submit_spam(:comment_content => content) submit_ham(:comment_content => content) Other parameters you can pass: :permalink => Permanent location of the entry the comment was submitted to :comment_type => May be blank, comment, trackback, pingback, or a made up value like "registration" :comment_author => Name submitted with the comment :comment_author_email => Email address submitted with the comment :comment_author_url => URL submitted with the comment :user_ip => IP address of the comment submitter, defaults to request.remote_ip :user_agent => User agent information, defaults to request.env['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] :blog => home URL of instance making this request, defaults to value set in akismet.yml :referrer (note spelling) => HTTP_REFERER header, defaults to request.env['HTTP_REFERER'] :other => Hash of other server environment variables you may want to pass for Akismet's reference
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only