Alexandria Script Publisher's description
from Laurent Sansonetti
Alexandria Script is a GNOME application to help you manage your book collection.
Alexandria is a GNOME application to help you manage your book collection.
- retrieves and displays book information (sometimes with cover pictures) from several online libraries, such as Amazon, Proxis, Barnes and Noble, the Spanish Ministry of Culture, Amadeus Buch, Internet Bookshop Italia, the US Library of Congress and the British Library ;
- allows books to be added and updated by hand ;
- enables searches either by EAN/ISBN/UPC, title, authors or keyword ;
- supports the Z39.50 standard and allow you to manage your own sources ;
- saves data using the YAML format ;
- can import and export data into ONIX, Tellico and EAN/ISBN/UPC-list formats ;
- generates from your libraries XHTML web pages themable with CSS ;
- allows marking your books as loaned, each with the loan-date and the name of the person who has borrowed them ;
- features a HIG-compliant user interface ;
- shows books in different views (standard list or icons list), that can be filtered and/or sorted;
- handles book rating and notes ;
- supports CueCat (C) barcode readers ;
- includes translations for several languages ;
- is documented in a complete manual (at the moment in English only).
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only