libtorrent-ruby for File sharing Publisher's description
from Joshua Bassett
libtorrent-ruby - A Ruby interface for the libtorrent C bittorrent library.
A Ruby interface for the libtorrent C bittorrent library. You can use it to create bittorrent enabled Ruby programs. Please note that libtorrent-ruby is a library and not a bittorrent tracker, however there is a simple bittorrent tracker provided in the example code.
libtorrent-ruby has most features in libtorrent covered:
- Clean, intuitive Ruby interface: write a fully functional bittorrent client in just a few lines of Ruby code.
- Serves multiple torrents on a single port and in a single thread.
- Supports files > 2 gigabytes.
- Fast resume support.
- Gzipped tracker-responses
; - Gigurable upload/download bandwidth
- Configurable peer choking
- Selective downloading: select which parts of a torrent you want to download.
- Supports HTTP proxies and proxy authentication.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only