PHP DataBase Adapter Generator Publisher's description
from Noah Spurrier
PHP DataBase Adapter Generator creates a PHP class to interface to a given database table.
This tool creates a PHP class to interface to a given database table. The PHP class is a simple relational object mapper.
It maps table columns to class attributes. It provides basic CRUD methods (Create, Read, Update, Delete) as well as many utility methods such as CSV import and export. The class can handle sequences. It is clever about quoting values.
The PHP class that is generated will allow you to easily connect to a database table. The class uses the PHP PEAR::DB library, so it should work with many databases.
The generated class provides methods to support the following features:
1. map table columns as PHP class attributes.
2. basic database CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
3. import and export the table to CSV files.
4. return an array of rows that match a given WHERE clause.
5. return an array of a single column from rows that match a given WHERE clause.
6. Generally immune from schema changes that add columns; reorder columns;
change column data type as long as the new type follows the same
quoting conventions as the original type -- for example, changing an interger to a real.
Other schema changes such as column delete will require that the PHP class be regenerated.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only