DirectoryStorage Publisher's description
from Toby Dickenson
DirectoryStorage is a Storage for ZODB, the object database used by Zope.
DirectoryStorage is a Storage for ZODB, the object database used by Zope. It uses ordinary files and directories to store revisions of ZODB objects; one file per revision per object.
- very simple file format; one file per revision per object. Your data is not locked away inside an unfamiliar, opaque database.
- Disaster-preparedness. DirectoryStorage tools have been designed to allow you to restore service after a disaster quickly and with confidence.
- Storage Replication. A tool to efficiently and robustly copy changes from a master storage into a backup replica storage. This can minimise data loss after a hardware failure.
- Fault-tolerant construction
- Support for filesystems with posix semantics is mature
- Preliminary support for win32
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only