Connections (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Steven A. Zahm
Connections is a simple to use addressbook, business, staff directory that is highly customizable.
Connections is a simple to use address book system but is also very versatile. You can use it to create a church directory, business directory, staff directory and even profiles pages using the default templates. If the default layouts donвЂ™t suit your needs you can easily create your own custom template. Want to show a list of upcoming birthdays and anniversaries, no problem, you can do that too. Take a look at the screen shots and the samples on this site to see all Connections can do.
* Built-in help page
* Selectable entry type; Individual / Organization / Connection Group
* Each entry has selectable visibility. You can choose between, public, private and unlisted.
* Image support with the ability to set custom images sizes and how they should be scaled and cropped.
* Copy entries.
* Bulk actions that include setting the visibility on deleting entries.
* Filters that are persistent per user between sessions and browsers.
* Extensive role support.
* Category Support. Categories can be hierarchical and entries can be assigned to any number of categoies.
* xHTML Transition output
* Custom template support
* Shortcode filter attributes for the entry list that include being able to filter by last name, title, organization, department, city, state, zip, country and category.
* Shortcode attributes for choosing the supplied templates or custom templates which include; single entry, multiple entry (default) and profile view templates.
* Shortcode attribute to repeat the alpha index and the beginning of each character change. User requested.
* Shortcode attribute to show the current character at the beginning of each character group. User requested.
* Entries output in hCard compatible format.
* Download the vCard of an individual entry that can be imported into you email application.
New features this version:
* A new shortcode option, wp_current_category. When used on a post, all entries that are assigned to a category with the exact same names as the post categories will be displayed.
* Multiple categoies can now be specified with the category shortcode attribute.
* Theme template tags for theme developers.
* Reduced memory usage.
* Performance optimizations.
* See the changelog for more details.
New features coming in the next version:
* Add honorable pre/suffix
* Contact name for the organization entry type.
* Add in_category shortcode attribute. Define multiple categories by id that an entry must be assigned in order to be displayed. [Operational AND]
* Add exclude_category shortcode attribute to allow multiple categories by id to be excluded from the output.
* Add category_name shortcode attribute to allow multiple categories to be called by name. [Operational OR]
* Add in_category_name shortcode attribute. Define multiple categories by name that an entry must be assigned in order to be displayed. [Operational AND]
* Add exclude_category_name shortcode attribute to allow multiple categories by name entries to be excluded from the output.
* Expand the RTE for the bio and notes fields to allow more styling
* Make the Connection Group relations in the front end entry list clickable to bring up the entry's specific details.
* Integration with WP users to permit registered users to maintain their own info with optional moderation.
* Gravatar support
* ...and any suggestion that I may receive...
* This plugin was based off LBB, "Little Black Book"; which was based on Addressbook, both of which can be found in the Plugin Directory.
* vCard class is a modified version by Troy Wolf
* Image uploading and processing done by the class.upload.php by Colin Verot
* Counter class from O'Reilly's Intro to PHP Objects
1. Upload the connections directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
3. If you wish to create and use custom template be sure to create the ./wp-content/connections_templates directory/folder. This is where you will copy any custom templates you might create.
4. Add the shortcode [connections_list] to display the directory on a page or post.
System Requirements:3.0 or higher
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall