Open Power Board Publisher's description
from Tomasz Jedrzejewski
Open Power Board is created as a system that allows everyone to install his own discussion board on the website.
Open Power Board is created as a system that allows everyone to install his own discussion board on the website. The project is written in PHP 5 and MySQL, however other database support will be also possible. The thing worth pointing out is the fact that Open Power Board is created on the open-source rules.
OPB is not only a discussion board. Together, we develop a set of programming libraries used in the main project, but available as standalone products. Between them, there is a template engine, PHP Data Objects mod and a installer.
As a discussion board, OPB is going to offer all the main systems available in the concurrent applications:
- Multilevel forum structure.
- Complex moderation and content control options.
- Polls and attachments support.
- Text formatting and emoticons.
- Hosting multiple data about member.
- Easy and intuitive configuration.
- Security - OPB is written by very good PHP programmers with big experience on the Polish PHP scene.
- Easy modification: many elements that are changeable only through the source code, will be modified using the control panel.
- Easy integration: the application engine allows to build also whole, complete website with the integrated administration system.
Supposed system requirements: PHP 5.1 with PDO support, MySQL 4.1 or PostgreSQL 8. In the future releases other databases supported by PDO will be also available.
System Requirements:В· PHP 5.1 with PDO support,
В· MySQL 4.1 or PostgreSQL 8.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only