BabbleBoard Publisher's description
BabbleBoard comes with what you'd expect from a bulletin board package .
BabbleBoard comes with what you'd expect from a bulletin board package - forums, sub-forums, private messages, member groups, moderator options etc. etc. but we thought we'd throw in a few extras that we feel makes BabbleBoard stand out from the crowd...
- Unlimited Forums - Create as many forums and sub-forums as you like with BabbleBoard, we impose no limits to the amount you can have.
- Search Engine Friendly Forums - We've got an option to turn on or off Search Engine Friendly URL's (for those that don't know, it makes your links look pretty) as well as allowing web crawlers to spider your forums easily.
- Quick Registration - We believe that registering as a member on your forum should be as painless as possible. All a guest has to do is fill in their username, password & email address then validate their account through their email account. No waiting for administrators to approve membership, no extra profile fields to fill in wasting your time.
- Quick Reply - Let users reply directly in a topic with our drop down Quick Reply feature that also includes emoticon support!
- Integrated PayPal Module - Our PayPal Module allows members to upgrade to other user groups automatically upon payment. Specify what email address to send payments to, the cost, the frequency of the subscription and BabbleBoard will do the rest.
- Easy To Edit Source Code - We're BabbleBoard, not BaffleBoard! Our source code is easy to edit, no second guessing what things mean meaning you shouldn't have much difficulty in customising the source to what you want.
- Option to turn on delays between actions - If you run a busy forum, you'll love our feature that introduces a delay between each action a user takes, reducing the load on your server.
- Politely ask guest to register! - You can set how many topics guests can view before they are asked to register. Give them a small taster of your forum and if they like it, they'll sign up!
- Colour changing status bar! - From silver, to yellow, to red, to purple - the status bar lets you know if you are logged in, if you have any new Private Messages or if someone has reported any posts to the moderators. No stupid annoying pop-ups, no excuses for missing anything to be actioned!
- Highlighted Search Queries - Words you searched for are highlighted in the search results to help you find exactly what you are looking for.
- Easy To Use Topic Moderation - Split/merge/lock/edit/delete posts with just a few clicks! All moderating functions have bright and colourful buttons to distinguish each action.
- Keep Track of Members Behaviour - The warn bar contains information on a members previous behaviour. Click it to view their entire warn history detailing who warned them, when, and why!
- User Groups & Forum Permissions - Easily create usergroups with an extensive list of features to allow them to do a variety of things on your forum. Select the permissions you want them to have from the categories menu allowing them to view forums, read posts, add/reply to topics, download and upload files. Keep total control of what your members can do, and where!
- Server Status Report - BabbleBoard reports on the health of your server by listing uptime, server load and telling you what features are online or offline.
- Reported Posts Area - When members report a post, not only is there a dedicated easy to use area in your Admin CP where you action each one, but your status bar changes colour to alert you that there are new posts waiting to be checked! Your Report Centre lists all posts waiting to be actioned, viewable by ALL moderators and administrators.
- Hot Topics - On BabbleBoard, hot topics are handled in a unique way because with our software, hot topics change from day to day. Just because a topic is hot one day, doesn't make it hot the next. Topics need to have more than X posts per day to become hot, not X posts overall like other forum software have.
- Conduct Polls - Members can conduct polls in their topics with our easy to use polling options.
- Free Blogs! - Give your members room to write down their thoughts and musings with the easy to use blogging system. Other logged in members can comment on these blogs and original authors can moderate their comments as well as edit or delete their existing entries.
- Ping the Blogosphere - Ping the blogosphere with our in-built function that lets sites such as technorati know when someone has added an entry to their blog! It's all automatic. All you need to do is think of something to write about!
- Syndicate your forums & blogs - Synidate your BabbleBoard by turning on the syndication option! Now people can get the latest topics from specific forums or blogs direct to their desktop!
- Subscribe to topics & forums - Get emailed the second a topic gets replied to or a new topic gets added to a forum. Simple to subscribe, simple to unsubscribe. All with one click of the mouse.
- Gamer Tags - Perfect for the gaming generation, we include an area for people to post their gamer tags installed by default!
- Special BBCode tags! - Hide posts from members until they've replied to your post or hide content under the special 'Spoiler' tag if you've got information that others might not want to see. Or maybe you want to share a Youtube video? We've got all the standard BBCode tags plus more!
- Gmail inspired Private Messages! - PM's are grouped by subject and who sent them so you can view an entire message history on one page, just like a normal topic on the forums! No more forgetting what someone wrote in a previous message or having a huge inbox full of messages. No clutter, no problems.
- File Attachments! - Upload attachments to your posts with our easy to use file uploader. Thumbnails automatically get created for any images added and security is tight enough to only allow certain file extensions to be uploaded. Removing attachments is as simple as selecting it from a drop down list.
- In-depth Skinning - Creating themes and styles can be done by amateurs and advanced users. Simply change images or the stylesheet or go all technical by configuring entire pages to display exactly how you want! Your themes can be radically different to the default one that comes with BabbleBoard thanks to it's ability to detect custom code in your themes directory that overwrites it's existing code automatically.
- Unique 'My Styles' Area! - Now members can customise your forum with 'My Styles'! Change colours, font sizes, heights, widths, font types and images to trully let users customise your forum.
- Upgrade notification in your Admin CP - We let you know when a new release of BabbleBoard is out with a direct link to download it. Clever, no?
- Identification of 60 web crawler bots - Now you can see exactly what sites are indexing your forums and where they currently are.
- Compatible with MySQL4 & 5 and PHP 4 & 5
Changes in version 1.1.6:
- Some code cleanup for better readability and performance
- Added a requirement for email confirmation prior to allowing registration to prevent typos from creating a user who can never be confirmed.
- Added requirement for password confirmation.
- Added text to clarify the ability to specify default permissions when creating a new topic.
- Corrected link for bbcode help in the textarea toolbar for posts.
- New Topics now have breadcrumbs and display what topic they are being posted to
- Same funtionality added for Add Reply
- Custom Fields now appear on Member Profile
- Added new field to 'settings' table for password hash technique to fix the issue of a server upgrade causing a new hash method to lock out all members.
- Added some starting text to explain where to go next immediately after new install.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only