Yellow Duck Framework (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Pieter Claerhout
The Yellow Duck Framework is an object oriented framework that will help you with creating web applications
The Yellow Duck Framework is an object oriented framework that will help you with creating web applications. It's implemented using the popular PHP web scripting language. It is based on the idea of requests that can perform actions. Each request is a separate entity in the web application that takes care of a certain number of (related) actions. Each action is performing a specific task in the web application.
Features of Yellow Duck Framework:
- Structured programming environment by using requests and actions
- Clean separation of code and output
- Support for multi-langual websites by using locales
- Templates for outputting HTML easily based on Smarty
- Automatic action dispatching using URL parameters
- Object oriented form construction and validation
- Object oriented handling of authentication
- Classes for creating XML/RPC clients and servers.
- Classes for creating syndicated XML feeds such as RSS and Atom feeds.
- Easy handling of files, directories and images. For images, there are some very straightforward functions that can create thumbnails and obtain specific information about these images.
- An object oriented interface for creating and sending email messages.
- Database abstraction layer supporting MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and Oracle.
- Object oriented way of creating SQL statements.
- Logging infrastructure based on plain text or XML logfiles.
- A shopping cart infrastructure that makes it easy to create webshops.
- Different smaller modules that take care of string handling, debugging, configuration settings, timers.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall