WordPress (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Alex King
WordPress is a blog publishing application, powered by PHP and MySQL.
WordPress is a blog publishing application, powered by PHP and MySQL. User can re-arrange widgets without editing PHP or HTML code, they can install and switch between themes. The PHP and HTML code in themes can also be edited for more advance customization. WordPress often used as a PHP Blog publishing application. WordPress is a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.
WordPress has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. It used bu over 13% of the 1,000,000 biggest websites,Also WordPress is the most popular CMS in use today.
Features of WordPress:
- WordPress and WordPress MU have merged, allowing the management of multiple sites (called Multisite) from one WordPress installation.
- New default theme "Twenty Ten" takes full advantage of the current features of WordPress.
- New Custom Menu Management feature, allows creation of custom menus combining posts, pages, categories, tags, and links for use in theme menus or widgets.
- Custom Header and Custom Background APIs.
- Contextual help text accessed under the Help tab of every screen in the WordPress administration.
- Ability to set the admin username and password during installation.
- Bulk updating of themes with an automatic maintenance mode during the process.
- Support for Shortlinks.
- Improved Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies including hierarchical (category-style) support. (Try the Custom Post Type UI or GD Custom Posts And Taxonomies Tools plugins to see the possibilities.)
- A lighter admin color scheme to increase accessibility and put the focus more squarely on your content.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall