PHPTAL (Scripts) Publisher's description
PHPTAL is a PHP template engine for PHP5
PHPTAL is a PHP template engine for PHP5. It enforces the separation between logic and presentation, moves presentation actions inside XHTML attributes instead of using plain tags or elements.
Unlike other templates, PHPTal has a quite clean and readable templates. It also has the ability to insert sample text inside template to preview templates result without PHP backend. The most important, PHPTAL is compatible with PHP accelerators, which can improve performance even further.
Some PHPTAL advantages and features:
- enforces the separation between logic and presentation (the holy grail),
- warns you if you forget to close an HTML tag or have syntax errors in your template,
- no more htmlentities(),
- quite clean and readable templates,
- ability to insert sample text inside template to preview template result without PHP backend,
- integrates quite well with WYSIWYG HTML editors,
- data abstraction using XPath-like system,
- cool HTML macro system,
- integrated internationalization system (using gettext or your own backend),
- ability to replace XPath-like system with PHP expressions,
- nearly no speed loss (templates are compiled, expensive expressions can be replaced with plain PHP).
- compatible with PHP accelerators, which can improve performance even further,
- more than four years of ZPT community support,
- extensible and easily hackable code,
- makes good use of PHP5 and SPL.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall