OSSIM - AlienVault Open Source SIEM (Scripts) Publisher's description
OSSIM stands for Open Source Security Information Management
OSSIM stands for Open Source Security Information Management. Its goal is to provide a comprehensive compilation of tools which, when working together, grant network/security administrators with a detailed view over each and every aspect of his or her networks, hosts, physical access devices, server, etc.
Besides getting the most out of well known open source tools, some of which are briefly described below, OSSIM provides a strong correlation engine, detailed low, medium and high level visualization interfaces, and reporting and incident management tools, based on a set of defined assets such as hosts, networks, groups and services.
All of this information can be restricted by network or sensor in order to provide only the required information to specific users; allowing for a fine grained multiвЂ“user security environment. Finally, the ability to perform as an IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), using correlated information from virtually any source, will be a useful addition to any security professionalвЂ™s arsenal.
OSSIM features the following software components:
- Arpwatch вЂ“ used for MAC anomaly detection.
- P0f вЂ“ used for passive OS detection and OS change analysis.
- Pads вЂ“ used for service anomaly detection.
- Nessus вЂ“ used for vulnerability assessment and for cross correlation (IDS vs Security Scanner).
- Snort вЂ“ the IDS, also used for cross correlation with nessus.
- Tcptrack вЂ“ used for session data information which can prove useful for attack correlation.
- Ntop вЂ“ which builds an impressive network information database from which we can identify aberrant behavior/anomaly detection.
- Nagios вЂ“ fed from the host asset database, it monitors host and service availability information.
- Osiris вЂ“ a great HIDS.
- OCS-NG вЂ“ cross-platform inventory solution.
- OSSEC вЂ“ integrity, rootkit, registry detection, and more
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall