Zebra_Database (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Stefan Gabos
This PHP script is a compact, lightweight, object-oriented MySQL database wrapper built upon HP's MySQL extension to provide methods for interacting with MySQL database that are more intuitive and fun to use than PHP's default ones
This PHP script is a compact, lightweight, object-oriented MySQL database wrapper built upon HP's MySQL extension to provide methods for interacting with MySQL database that are more intuitive and fun to use than PHP's default ones.
This PHP Database tool script supports transactions and provides a comprehensive debugging interface with detailed information about the executed queries: execution time, returned/affected rows, excerpts of the found rows, error messages, etc. It also automatically EXPLAIN's each SELECT query.
Zebra_Database encourages developers to to write maintainable code and provides a better default security layer by automatically escaping strings.
What's New in This Release Version 2.0 Zebra_Database:
- The entire code was improved and some of the properties as well as method names were changed and, therefore, this version breaks compatibility with earlier versions;
- Fixed a bug where the script would try to also cache action queries;
- Fixed a bug in the вЂњseekвЂќ method;
- Fixed a bug where on some configurations of Apache/PHP the script would not work;
- Fixed a bug where if there was a connection error or MySQL generated an error and the debug console was minimized, it would not be shown automatically;
- Fixed a bug where the вЂњdlookupвЂќ method would not return escaped column names (i.e. `order`);
- Fixed a bug where the вЂњfound_rowsвЂќ property was incorrect for cached queries;
- Fixed a bug where the debug console would improperly manage columns enclosed in ` (backtick);
- Fixed a bug that caused improper display of some strings in the debug console;
- Added a new method вЂњselectвЂќ вЂ“ a shorthand for selecting queries;
- Added a new method вЂњget_columnsвЂќ вЂ“ returns information about a given tableвЂ™s columns;
- Added a new method вЂњimplodeвЂќ вЂ“ similar to PHPвЂ™s own implode() function, with the difference that this method вЂњescapesвЂќ imploded elements and also encloses them in grave accents;
- Added a new method вЂњset_charsetвЂќ вЂ“ sets the characters set and the collation of the database;
- Improved functionality of fetch_assoc_all() and fetch_obj_all() methods;
- The debug console shows more information and in a much better and organized way;
- Rewritten the method for logging queries to a txt file making the output very easy to read;
- Dropped the XTemplate templating engine in order to improve speed; every aspect of the debug console can still be changed through the CSS file.
System Requirements:- PHP 4.4.9 or Higher
- MySQL 4.1.22 or Higher
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall