Refbase Publisher's description
from Matthias Steffens
Refbase is a web-based, standards-compliant, multi-user interface for managing scientific literature and bibliographic references.
refbase is a web-based, standards-compliant, multi-user interface for managing scientific literature and bibliographic references. Based on php and mysql, it offers a bibliography database with powerful search tools and automatically generated citation lists. You can have a look at a more detailed introduction to the aims and history of refbase.
- a clean and standardized interface that attempts to be as web standards compliant as possible
- a multitude of search options, including quick, simple, advanced as well as powerful SQL search options
- list view: offers customizable columns
- details view: shows all fields of a particular record
- cite view: displays record entries in a citation style chosen by the user
- print view: eases printing or copying of records
- clicking any column header will sort by that column, clicking the same column header again will reverse that column's sort order
- search within results functionality which provides an easy way of refining your search query (alternatively, power users can refine any query result by directly editing the raw SQL query)
- the ability to extract literature cited within a text and build an appropriate list of citations
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only